Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A year or more ago, there was a post somewhere here I believe that included a link to an OBD home build solution that was able to get some of the car details out and passed them to a PC, I think via serial cable. Kind of a home brew type interface, I believe it was OBD, and may have originated in Austrialia. Hoping someone remembers and can guide me to a link or more information. Thanks.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok, I've spent the better portion of my day at work now researching this stuff. The item from scantool is exactly what I'm looking for, but none of thse sites that sell essentially the same thing actually state it works with the Murano. However, a thread started over in General Discussion (http://nissanmurano.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6055&highlight=OBD) talking about this shows it will work. Well, it seems products based on the em23X chip will work anyway. I'm assuming the ISO module, but can anyone confirm that, so I buy the right model? Or do I have to buy the multiprotocol one for some reason?

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Yes it's the ISO one, based on the ELM323 chip, although you'll get more functionality out of the all-in-one solution based on the ELM327, as it also has CAN protocols.

All this talk has gotten me interested again. I have most of the parts and a laptop now, I should get around to putting it together.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts