Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From experience, does the grade of gas make any difference in mileage ?

We've had the murano for 4 months now, and it only has 3500 miles on it, but the mileage sucks ! My wife drives very mellow and has never got better than 15.9, calculated by hand and the trip meter. My 7000# diesel 4x4 gets better than that.

I've checked the tire pressure (run at 35), the steering is straight, and we've run mostly 89 octane but a few tanks of 92 with no difference. And even on a long highway trip it didn't get any better. I'm hoping that some more break in time will help, but I doubt that much.

A bit dissapointed in this respect. Especially since everything else about the car rocks !

-----------------------------------
2003 SE AWD midnight Blue

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
mine has less than 700 and is gettin 2 more mpg (19) than it did right off the lot (17). I'm a noob so we shall see ay?

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I've got almost 6000 miles on mine and using 91 octane... about 10 miles a day of highway... only getting 18.5 MPG calc (NOT using the MO computer). I don't think the octane makes much difference but I'm hopeful that in warmer weather things will improve a bit.

·
Registered
424 Posts
I've driven about 6500 miles and up until two fill-ups ago I only used 89 octane and averaged 19.4 mpg. Then I put in a tank of 91 and my mileage stayed the same. Last tank I tried 87 octane and my mileage went up. Go figure. :8: I'm now getting 20.5 and I drive about 50 highway and 8 city daily.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I believe you do get better mileage with premium unleaded but not enough change to offset the price difference. I do notice however, the pickup is much better with 91+ octane than with the cheap stuff.

·
5,268 Posts
I agree with Eric L. - lower octane dosen't seems to cause lower milage. However, I can feel car performs better with 93+ fuel octane....

·
Registered
72 Posts
Octane vs milage

I've got about 22,000 on my MO and I'm getting about 21-23 on the freeway and about 17-19 around town. I mostly us Premium (91 Oct) and think I get about 1-2 miles more miles per gal with premium vs regular. Milage gets better as the MO gets broke in. Since I live in Phoenix, my milage will go down starting in about a month because we live with the AC on during the summer.

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
MO now at 3000 miles, using only 93 octane. Lots of rural type (not much stop and go)driving 55-60 MPH when not on the interstate. Holding a steady 20.5MPG but expect an increase as the engine breaks in.
Have to admit that I rarley sit in any traffic.
Bob1

1 - 8 of 8 Posts