Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a ODBII system diagnostic tool, I connected to the Murano connector and it seems that the link is OK, but no data can be read. Anyone knows about this?.

Txs.

·
Registered
44 Posts
http://www.obdii.com/connector.html

Looking at this site and different protocols used and pin configs, I guess I do not see the Mo's pin config. I wonder if they would be using a newer protocol?

J1850 VPW--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, and 16, but not 10.
ISO 9141-2--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 4, 5, 7, 15, and 16.
J1850 PWM--The connector should have metallic contacts in pins 2, 4, 5, 10, and 16.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
The Murano uses the ISO 9141-2 protocol. It also supports a newer version of this protocol. I can't remember the name of the newer one, but it is backwards compatible with the one listed above.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The OBD system that I bought is the Autotap www.autotap.com which appears to be compatible with all these protocols. In fact the link is established OK, the point is that I cannot read on line data from the car (RPM, Speed. etc).

Thks

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi All, Just found that the Murano has a CAN system so a standard OBDII system would not read the data, you must find a CAN compatible system. CAN is been used since 2003 in several cars.

Thxs:mad:

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
Yes, it does have a CAN (Controller Area Network), but I thought it was still law in North America to have an OBD-II capable connection. That law has been around since the 1996 model year.

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,437 Posts
The Murano does support "Generic Scan Tools" as per the service manual and it does use ISO9141. There are steps you need to follow to connect a scan tool, such as connect the tool before you turn the key on, etc. If you don't have the service manual, I'll post the full instructions later (hopefully today, but I don't have the bandwidth to access my PC right now).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
I am thinking of buying either a scan tool or sofware and interface cable for a PALM ZIRE (latest version) any comments, did you ever get it to read data? Thanks GRIP :D

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have the Tech manuals. but as far as I know they assume two possible connection one is using the original Nissan Scanner which is very simple and you can control everything, the other is the Generic tool that appears everywhere on the manual, but I think they assume a CAN compliant generic tool. Thyler could you let me know where I can get those instructions to connect my generic tool.

Thanks

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
AutoEnginuity.com Want about $300 for the basic and a required CAN upgrade for the Mo at another $60. Then I have to buy a Palm or something similar. Anybody know of something that will enable me to do it for less. GRIP :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts