Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In comparing my 2004 SE (18 inch wheels) Murano's odometer to the mile markers I have about a 3 to 3.5% inaccuracy with the odometer reading low. Has anyone else noticed this? Also, has anyone checked speed readings with a GPS?
Thanks
Mr. B

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
I checked mine against the mile markers and it seemed pretty accurate to me. Are your tires inflated to factory spec?

·
Registered
719 Posts
I've checked mine against the mile markers and they are dead on.

Also compared know distances for trips with previous vehicles and came very, very close to what I've previously experienced with other vehciles.

I keep my tires at 36 lbs cold.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
I've checked my MO against my GPS and I have the following results

1) Car 1 (Chev Trail Blazer) GPS=100Km/h Odo=102Km/h
2) Car 2 (Porsche Boxster) GPS=100km/h Odo=107Km/h
3) Car 3 (Nissan Murano) GPS=100km/H Odo=100Km/h

The Odometer on the MO and the GPS were dead on (about .3 of a Km off)

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Why am I not surprised the Porsche registers a higher than actual speed. BMW has been doing this for years - making you think the car is faster than it really is.

·
Custom Knife Creations
293 Posts
yeah.. figured that.. but half the fun is using the "max speed" reading on the GPS, and showing it to people.. (then looking at the wide eyes..) lol..

·
Registered
139 Posts
The Murano was really for the wife. Cause I am looking to replace my 1st car which was a Porsche 944.
We are looking at the boxsters now, they are relatively affordable compared to other models.
The ones we are looking at are around $40k.
Love em'.......

BTW - I tested my Murano against my GPS, speedo was right on...
Chez

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Chezman29 said:
The Murano was really for the wife. Cause I am looking to replace my 1st car which was a Porsche 944.
We are looking at the boxsters now, they are relatively affordable compared to other models.
The ones we are looking at are around $40k.
Love em'.......

Chez
I think on this message board, you'll get a whole bunch of responses to consider a 350Z instead of a Boxster. I had a chance to check out a 350Z when I was picking up my Murano and I found the interior to be rather spartan. Too plasticky for a $35,000 sports car. But I'm sure once you get it on the road, plastic won't matter.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I didn't like the door plastic. It has these little raised bumps that look like it would be hell to keep clean. We already looked at the 350z as a possibility and there we just too many unfinished issues I think they need to iron out before it hits "killer" status.
IT is a NICE machine though. I love almost everything about it.
The interior just looks like it would be hard as heck to keep clean, and a little too plasticy for my tastes right now. I might change my mind when we go look at them again.
The blue one they had was just phenomenonal looking.

And to be honest, there is nothing like a Porsche. Not to mention the comrodary(sp_). And I miss my baby.
hat or I have a picture of a 2003 Harley Fatboy 100th anniversary edition I am looking at.

And get this, I don't even work!!! Actually I am a disabled vet from Gulf War 1. Not a good trade off, but I have had time to deal with it.

Chez

·
Registered
49 Posts
FWIW, I've also noticed that my odometer reads about 3 percent low, tires properly inflated. We have some trips that we routinely make and know how far they are, and when the MO was new I noticed immediately that the trip meter in the MO was reading below the distances I had seen on the odos in my other vehicles for the same trips. I first assumed that my other vehicles might have all read too high, but then I noticed that I get about 97 miles on the odo when I cover 100 miles according to Interstate mile markers. I can't understand why some people see the low readings and others get accurate readings.

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
I have an 03 and the speedo seems about 1 MPH slower than that reported by the GPS.... however its hard to call as that is about a needle width.

·
5,268 Posts
Checked Murano and FX against GPS. Results:

Murano 3% lower than GPS, both speedo and the odometer. Now I know why I am always faster than anybody else! (stock tires, 35psi)

FX – 2.5% faster (speedo only, did not have chance to check odometer). Good, as my wife has tendency to drive really fast…..

Difference between FX and MO – whopping 5.5 %!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts