Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys, I'm just one step away of starting my project "OEM backup camera into my 2006 Murano". I've got today the Camera control unit with wiring harness and tomorrow will get the Camera unit from the same salvage yard.
I'd like to share with you folks some pics of what i got :headslap:

Camera Control Unit:
Part No. 284A1 CB60A
MODEL No. EN-1201H-F
12V (-) GROUND
SERIAL NO. 0444807

Attachments

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Finally Got OEM Rear View Camera

I've just got the OEM Rear View Camera & Rear View Camera finisher.:)

28442 CB000
GP-KD1602RV
SER No. 68B04559

Attachments

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
How much did you have to pay for it?
I ran into trouble trying to use the camera/CCU inputs on the DCU and display. Never did make it work. I would be interested in your experience. I would recommend hooking it up before you install everything. It is a lot of wiring, especially snaking the wires through the tailgate. Did you get the tailgate harness?

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I paid around $300, I haven't had the chance to find the tailgate harness.
I'm just waiting for my wife to get the car back to start!
Did you extend the v/w wire from CCU connector to DCU connector (42) for camera recognition? There are 2 wires as well for Display (Red&sheild)

Sure, I will hook it up first before installation and will keep you updated!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I looked into but did not do an OEM camera. Tried the violet camera recog, but it did not make the DCU swap the display when in rerverse.
I still do not understand why the camera input goes direct to the display.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mission Complete :29:

Mission Complete :29:

Tested and ready to install "SOON"

The OEM Camera is working perfectly with the nice parking lines :)

I had to add some wires to both Display Unit connector (M38) and DCU connector (M42)

I will share the photos as soon as i finish installing the units.

Many thanks,
S-N-I-P-E-R

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Sniper,

where did you get backup camera and control unit dude, i am dying to find one.......i hope there is any salvage yard in usa i can go and pick up

thanks

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hello mate,
I found the CCU in one of the Salvage yards here in DXB, and they said that the Camera Unit is not available at all!!!!! I was very disappointed.
I told them to give me just 15 minutes to have a look at all Muranos they have and they agreed and authorized, and by coincidence i found one in 2007 SL.:4:

S-N-I-P-E-R

·
Registered
25 Posts
Backup Camera Wiring

Hi, I wonder if the 2006 and 2007 muranos were pre-wiring for backup camera. And if not, you had to run the wires between the control unit and display or between control unit and camera. Thanks

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi

Hi Guys,

Today I am done with my backup camera OEM, Its great to see camera view on the display- Thank god my display works and my murano was pre wired for backup camera.total cost of project

1.Control Unit - Nissan Parts OEM - $270
2. Camera - Ebay -infinit M45 - $150

Thanks

srivick

1 - 20 of 74 Posts