Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 74 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
So update on my situation. I Have to purchase a electronic latch and actuator assembly in order to instal this camera on my MO. After countless hours searching through dealers and finally getting a vin number we managed to source out the right parts. Now that i have the right parts I am eagerly awaiting their arrival at the dealer. the parts were decently priced and i figured I already spent 350 on the camera and module no point in stopping now. More updates will follow. Upon instal i will also be documenting how to do it on an 04 MO

·
Registered
32 Posts
Was able to find a backup camera from an Infiniti M45 and the module from an Armada as danf sugguested on ebay. Hopefully all links up on my pre-wired!

BTW, does anyone know if the camera will mount well without getting the finisher to hold it in place, or anyone have any custom way of fitting/mounting the camera in the rear somehow? Please share.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Quick update, the actuator is the right one however the grab handle for the trunk is still a mystery. I believe I have found the right one however googling it comes up with a switch and doesnt look like the one i need. The dealer pictures are very strange looking. That finisher that you are referring to I also have on order already through the dealer. This part came up super cheap. When I get the proper parts updates will follow

·
Registered
32 Posts
Quick update: Plugged in the Armada Module and when putting the car in reserve, I get the look behind before backing" message in yellow =) .

But the M45 camera didn't work out. It turns out that the connector on the camera itself has the male pins, while the Murano connector on the back door our male pins as well. I tried spitting according to what they should connect to, but
it was a no go. I've also tried varies of combination and could get the camera to work. SO looks like I'm out to get the actual Murano Camera =(

·
Registered
45 Posts
Does the MO camera vary in features from 2007-12 or all the same ?

Also have u guys considered the pioneer backup camera as an option?

·
Registered
121 Posts
at James: from the reading and comparing i have done the infinity cam should work no problem. I have an 04 and am building from complete scratch except for the nav which i have already

at daboyk: I have an aftermarket oem integration cam but i want oem

·
Registered
121 Posts
SO UPDATE
the piece I am looking for I found however it is molded to the trunk. I had to buy an entire trunklid. I managed to pick one up for a steal locally. The harness, door switch, reverse lights, lic plates lights and glass all came with the hatch. I just have to get the window removed and get it painted so I can carry on with the project.

·
Registered
121 Posts
So update: New tailgate is painted going to instal it this thursday.

New Mods for OEM integration: I have installed a new passenger lock actuator from a 2006 and up model and have run the wiring in to the BCM that when the trunk switch requests to open the hatch it works when unlocked and doesn't work when locked.

S-N-I-P-E-R if you are still active can you please give some insight on something. The wire 9,10 and 11,12 are they spliced together? I was unable to get a oem connector and it looks like they are as i think this may be the last peice to the puzzle that I need to do. Please if you are still active chime in on this. It would be HIGHLY appreciated

·
Registered
121 Posts
So everyone I have the final verdict of this project and it has been a COMPLETE SUCCESS. Please keep in mind my vehicle came with nav and I am basing prices off of what i found parts for.

Parts required for upgrade to OEM cam for 03 and 04 models
Rear tailgate from 06 and up model Dealer price: 1700$ CDN scrap yard:600$ CDN
OEM reverse cam module..................Dealer price:...700$ CDN scrap yard:100$ CDN
OEM reverse camera.........................Dealer price:...800$ CDN scrap yard:250$ CDN
trunk lock actuator ..........................Dealer price:...100$ CDN scrap yard: N/A
outer trunk switch............................Dealer price:....40$ CDN scrap yard: N/A
trunk harness..................................Dealer price:...350$ CDN scrap yard: N/A got mine with the trunk
passenger front door lock actuator......Dealer price:...350$ CDN scrap yard: 90$ CDN
200 feet of wiring............................local hardware store:...................... 40$ CDN
Paint for tailgate.............................local paint shop:............................350$ CDN
access to alldatadiy.com...................5 year subscription .........................80$ CDN
cut out rear glass and transfer...........local glass people..........................150$ CDN
didnt need the glass to be cut got it with the gate
LOTS and LOTS of patience for research and labor ..................................PRICELESS

Was it worth it?
to me YES IN DEED you cannot beat OEM

Would i do it again?
If someone hired me to do it YES. As much a pain this was it was still fun and an awesome experience.

·
Registered
121 Posts
This is like a diy thread. However if the thread shows about running wires and doing the full conversion from the 03 04 to the years where the cameras were introduced then it is a lot of responsibility to get it right. Even with disclaimers its still a risk to post it. I am a mechanic by trade and love electronics hence why I do crazy things like this. It is not a walk in the park and took me about 10 attempts to get it clean and as oem looking as possible. I even cut out a section of trunk harness from a scrap yard murano to make 1 clean splice as I also have the oem leds integrated with the oem module.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hey everyone, after a year of driving around with a black screen and warning msg, I want to tackle it and try and fix the issue.

2006 SL AWD with camera.
Black screen with yellow msg from DCU.
On 1 or 2 occasions, got the grid lines.

Camera looks good with no obvious cracks or corrosion, internal wiring on natch lid with rear panel off looks good and clean with harness with no signs of damage.

I can not figure out how to remove the passenger side finisher... I have seen the parts list diagram for it but other then the main bolt and the loop handle I can't figure if there are any more bolts to take out. Is there a removal procedure somewhere?

Also, for diagnosing lack of continuity between the CCU and the DCU like was mentioned on page 3, how does one do that.. I realize with a multimeter I would image at the DCU, just not sure how to probe the CCU harness at the DCU to see where any problem may be.

Also, considering everything is already installed.. How can I test the camera itself. Once it showed what was behind briefly.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know this is a 9 year old thread, but I thought I would add some useful info to it...so some folks were having issues finding other vehicles with compatible cameras. I found that the 2nd generation Murano camera works as well. The connectors are different but the wires are the same color and sequence. If you are savvy enough with wiring its easy to splice. The angle will be a tad off but that is easy to overcome by some ingenuity. You will need an 09 and up 2nd gen Murano camera and then modify a factory 06-07 Murano camera mount plate to mount the camera to it.

I have a 07 Murano S that did not have a reverse camera. I purchased a 06-07 Camera control unit ($10 bucks) and modified the 09 Camera ($8) to fit. Wiring was just in there waiting...i just plugged them up and boom reverse camera for under $20(my local JY is awesome). I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to spread the word for anyone who is trying to do this as well.

61 - 74 of 74 Posts