Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am anxiously waiting to purchase a 2005 Murano and am trying to decide whether or not to purchase the OEM DVD system for my 4 year old. I read some great posts on aftermarket systems, but am wondering what any of you think of the OEM system. Is the 6.4" screen large enough? Do you regret losing the large center console space? Thanks for any feedback.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I did not get the OEM DVD for three reasons. Too expensive, the screen was too small, and also because I could get an overhead player with a 10.x inch screen for much much less, around $500-$700 or so.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I agree..

Ditto on too expensive for not much of an upgrade to go with the factory option..

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks much for confirming what I suspected.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I got it

I have the factory system and like it. The screen is not too small. It comes with a remote control and one wireless set of headphones. I also like that the sound can be pumped through the car's speaker systerm with a built in FM modulator.

The downsides are that the system does take up a lot of center console space and is pricey. However, I like the clean look of the install, the ease of use, and its integration in the vehicle. When the system and screen are stowed, you can't even tell its there. There are some pictures of my factory system in this link (see page 2).

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Jim. I really like the clean look of the install as well. My husband's vote is to buy something portable that can move from his car to mine, but I really hate dealing with wires everywhere. Plus I want to be able to put a movie on for my daughter when I'm driving without having to climb in the backseat.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
Susan S...

Sorry to hijack your thread. Welcome to the forum bty.

I got a question for you: do you think murano is a lady's car?
As far as i notice here in East coast, most muranos are driven by ladies... I saw men drive the murano, but not as common.
What do you think ;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for the welcome

I think the Murano is unisex. My husband will be driving it on Saturdays when we're running errands with our daughter (he has an 04 Infiniti G35 coupe). I do, however, think Infiniti's FX looks masculine and Toyota's Highlander looks somewhat feminine. When I test drove the Highlander the salesperson told me that the car was designed with women in mind as the target audience.

I ruled out the Highlander and Acura MDX because they were too boring - no fun to drive at all. The only other vehicle that we even would still consider is the VW Toureg since I have a Passat GLX that is coming off lease. I wish VW made the Toureg as AWD instead of full-time 4wheel drive to bring down the price. Not too many hills to climb here in the Chicago area. The last few years we've barely gotten enough snow to justify AWD (I'll probably eat my words now this winter).

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Welllll ? Even though we have been married for more than 40 years and everyday is better than the one before, I think that only foxy ladies drive Mo's in Scottsdale and my wife says only great guys are allowed. Grip :D :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts