Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone happen to have the install instructions for the oem hitch and wire harness.

The link in the knowlege base is not working.

i am planning on installing these in the next month or so

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I called the local niassan shop and they had one in stock and let all 3 pieces go for 440 so i had to jump on it.

I also got everything installed last night. It came with th manuals i guess.

The wiring was easy and didnt take but an hour. It helped that i put my sirius radio in about a month ago so i knew exactly how everything came apart.

The hitch took about 2 and 1/2 hours. I did it very slow and took my time. I did not have a torque wrench so i just tightened everything by guessing. Is it possible to overtighten anything?

The only one i am worried about is the muffler bolts as there is a warning in the instructions. These bolts were very tight and hard to get off so i was assuming they needed to be tightened tight when i put them back in.

I know they are tight but can i over tighten them and ruin the gasket? The gasket looks like it is made out of some kind of metal.

It does leak or possibly it is just condensation coming off the area where the gasket goes.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thansk!!

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
big-d said:
Is it possible to overtighten anything?

It does leak or possibly it is just condensation coming off the area where the gasket goes.
big-d:

Yes, it is possible to over-tighten a bolt, especially if you are using a long-handled socket bar. It is a good idea to add a torque wrench to your tool collection especially if you plan on rotating your tires yourself.

I have not installed a hitch on my MO, but I think it is safe to say you do not have a fluid leak where the muffler is bolted. There are no fluid lines in that part of the car. What you are seeing is most likely condensation.

-njjoe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts