Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
found this trolling............

MONITOR

DVD

MONITOR

CONTROL UNIT

***edit****

BUYER BEWARE-- in no way am i recomending these items, nor do i have any association with them. This is just an example of interesting items needed for the oem nav. system....

/***edit***
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Not much in the descriptions as to source. Hmmmm.... Did you look at the other things for sale from the same person? Hmmmm... HID's and things you might find in a car....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
255 Posts
The seller seems to have a lot of different car parts for a lot of different cars. The HIDS and the FX tires make me wonder if some Maxima and FX owners aren't missing some equipment.:rolleyes:

This also makes me worry about the safety of my own rims, HIDS, radio, and Nav system.:eek:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
So how hard is it to retrofit a (my) Murano with a NAV system if it didn't come with it?

What parts do I need and what are their approximate prices?

Dunno if I'd do it or not, there's a new device that allows my cell phone to do GPS, but it'd be good to know.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
This guy has sold at least 2 or 3 complete Bose stereos from the 2004 maximas on EBay already (since I've been watching). I'm really wondering if they are hot since it seems odd that he would get his hands on that many from a 2004 car.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
jasondeno said:
So how hard is it to retrofit a (my) Murano with a NAV system if it didn't come with it?

What parts do I need and what are their approximate prices?

Dunno if I'd do it or not, there's a new device that allows my cell phone to do GPS, but it'd be good to know.
Doing the Navigation after, is about 3 times as expensive as buying it as an option. Also, you may have to add wires into the harness, as non-nav Murano's don't have them all in the wiring loom.

Go get yourself a nice aftermarket one... Also check other threads here and you'll see more detail on both the retrofit costs and other Nav solutions.

Most of the Cell Phone GPS capability is for Cell services such as finding you for a 911 call and you can't get access to the data. I've been told by one of my RF application engineers that the resolution on them isn't great either, as they're pretty basic GPS receivers to keep the cost down.

I already tried to get access on mine... No luck so far.
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Baoh said:
This guy has sold at least 2 or 3 complete Bose stereos from the 2004 maximas on EBay already (since I've been watching). I'm really wondering if they are hot since it seems odd that he would get his hands on that many from a 2004 car.
Sure makes you wonder!
 

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Yeah I run one on my iPaq and love it in rental cars in other cities...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
24 Posts
Hey BTW Jaak, I wanted to say thanks for the wealth of information you provided on XM install. While I ended up buying a SkyFi (for the same reason- want it in more places than the MO- like my office), I found your directions on how to remove the dash and radio immensly helpful.

I made my own mouting bracket that attaches to the two top screws that hold in the screen. It works great.

Granted, not as smooth as the factory unit. But for the same price as the factory, I can get a SkyFi, the car kit, the fm modulator AND the boom box for my office. I was planning on getting XM for the office anyway, but this way I don't have to pay for double gear and double service. Plus I'll probably by a car kit for my truck too.

BTW, all police- please ignore that my speedometer is clearly at 70mph when I took this picture. Yep, I was speeding AND taking pictures!
 

Attachments

·
Moderator
Joined
·
4,664 Posts
Hey jasondeno, you're quite welcome... Must be those camera glasses you were using, or you were on the dyno at the time... ;)

I'm hoping I can make an interface work that will allow direct audio in, so even your sat unit will work without the FM modulator.

After that, I might build a PC interface to drive the Nissan SAT receiver, so it can be run outside of the vehicle.

It would be done right now, if I didn't have to work for a living.

Just got more parts in, so I expect this weekend I'll be able to do some preliminary testing.

:)

Then my non OEM system NAV on the iPaq will connect in too... I hope! (Hmmm... I wonder if I can fake the unit into thinking it has Nav and use the controls???)
 

·
hail 2 the snail
Joined
·
796 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
jaak said:
Hey jasondeno, you're quite welcome... Must be those camera glasses you were using, or you were on the dyno at the time... ;)

I'm hoping I can make an interface work that will allow direct audio in, so even your sat unit will work without the FM modulator.

After that, I might build a PC interface to drive the Nissan SAT receiver, so it can be run outside of the vehicle.

It would be done right now, if I didn't have to work for a living.

Just got more parts in, so I expect this weekend I'll be able to do some preliminary testing.

:)

Then my non OEM system NAV on the iPaq will connect in too... I hope! (Hmmm... I wonder if I can fake the unit into thinking it has Nav and use the controls???)
im always impressed with your skill/knowledge Jaak....

keeps hope alive for us (well formerly myself) 2003 sat-less Mo's...

fyi::(?) there are a few different 'flat' buttons on the hvac for the nav (think they replace the "sae/metric button for one of em)

im sure you knew this, but i am trying to fill in the blanks..

eS
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top