Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
CoolMomo said:
is it possible?

just change the screens to touch screen ones...
IMHO, it will be more involved than that. I dont htink this will be an easy project. No one has ever done it as far as I can remember. (I have been forum member since 2003).

If you want to be the pioneer, I think you should start with the factory service manual. Can be downloaded form nissan tech website for $20.

·
Registered
828 Posts
No, and why? I think the touch screens just add to finger prints, smuges, and scratches also help in failure of LCDs.

·
Registered
389 Posts
OK, how does that 7" touchscreen kit work? Does that disable the joystick controller? I guess I'm unclear on how that kit would integrate into the Nissan DVD Navi system. Any info or experiences you can share? I think the joystick control is a little slow...

Bob

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah..
joystick is little slow..

i was once in a Lexus and the touch screen wasn't that bad..

so, i was just wondered..

how does that kit work anyway?

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
rtking said:
OK, how does that 7" touchscreen kit work? Does that disable the joystick controller? I guess I'm unclear on how that kit would integrate into the Nissan DVD Navi system. Any info or experiences you can share? I think the joystick control is a little slow...

Bob
Bob,

That kit is for adding touchsxreen to a 7 inch screen using USB interface. I have it using my carputer. Integrationg it into Nissan's OEM hardware is a totally different matter and I would not have a clue on that....:)

·
Registered
389 Posts
Thanks Zebelkhan. I was hoping that there would be some way to interface with the factory nav... but I've gotten pretty good with the joystick controller. Must be all that xBox practice I get... :p

Bob

1 - 8 of 8 Posts