Nissan Murano Forum banner

41 - 60 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Njjoe covered the screen. Bottom line is that you would have to remove your existing orange lettered screen and put the LCD screen in its place. I know of no Murano configuration in the US or Canada that has a pop-up LCD screen. Why not be a pioneer and do this for yours? Would add a cool WOW effect! :D

I haven't tried what you're suggesting in regards to popping out the MAP DVD and putting in a movie DVD. I was going to eventually install some DVD players on the headrests of the front seats for the passengers in the back. I remember hearing somewhere that playing DVD's on the front dash is illegal in some states but it was probably hearsay. Either way, I'm not interested in the mod anyway. I do know that if you do a search on eBay for the conversion kit to play movies on the LCD screen, you'll find some. Whether they work or not is a different story.

The MO did come with the option for a factory DVD player. I believe it sat in the center console and popped up for the rear passengers to watch. I'm not sure if anybody here has one that they can vouch for as far as functionality but I hear it was an OK option.

If I were to do this all over again, I would go with the 2006-2007 navigation setup. It has a slightly different layout on the screen, more visually appealling, and the ac/av unit plays MP3 CD's. All you have to do is find the navigation equipment from the same year MO and you're set. The LCD screen is the same for all first gen MO's so that one is easy. I just think that the AC/AV unit, NCU, DCU, and dash harness is slightly different.

Either way, it should all work just fine as long as you get the right equipment. It is very time consuming to do and complicated. Where are you located? If you're within a reasonable driving distance, maybe I can help you out if you get all of the right equipment.

·
Registered
4 Posts
zebelkhan said:
The screen for the DVD player for those which have the entertainment package is at the end of the armrest and pops open.
Dude, your MO' sounds badass. Can I see some pictures of what your interior looks like. Specially the relocation of the OEM orange screen on your dash. That has to be wicked. I'm actually working from the outside in. I just upgraded my factory wheels for 22" BZO chrome wheels. I also just put my car through the paint shop to get a new black coat on it. I love black on black cars. I upgraded my bumpers for that of an 06 model with the polished moldings. I need to get the side posished moldings underneeth the doors and my LED OEM taillights so I can slightly smoke them out. Let me download some pics so I can share my modest mods.

·
Registered
1 Posts
This PSS (parking sensor system) is a safety device for driving in reverse. It consists of multiple ultrasonic detectors and sensors, a mainframe and a buzzer. The PPS will work automatically to detect the obstacles at the rear of your car at any time. The system is weather proof.

This Backup Sensor is an effective and affordable device for any driver who cares about safety and protection of your vehicle The poor rear visibility of many cars, SUVs and other large vehicles increases the risk of hitting obstacles such as another vehicle, small object, or even people when driving in reverse.

With backup sensors installed, drivers can lower the risk of collision when backing up or parallel parking

kitty

Parking Sensor

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
WarHammer you did a bang up job.

For the first time I went through all your steps on this. What a grand project. If I had been smart enough to do what you did I could have kept my first MO and saved a bundle.

I telling you it is hard to really appreciate what you did without actually doing it, really a lot of smart work, Congrats on a job well done.

Mr. "Z's" computer install is the only thing that took so much effort and ingenuity.

Wow! Put you guys in the Hall of "Electronics" Fame. :eek:

·
Registered
84 Posts
Hi Mate, I have 2006 MO with the UGLY ORANGE screen, and i have just got the NAV COLOR SCREEN from another Murano, i have been trying to install it yesterday and after installation my car didnt start, i have removed it then my car started!! i believe that i need to order the DCU 'Display Control Unit' but i cant find it! is there any way to install it without the DCU? as i need just the color screen??
Please i need your support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Hey sniper. Sorry for not getting back. I've been off and on the site for the last month due to busy life stuff... :D

Anyway, the color screen has to be controlled by the display control unit. The orange screen has all of the electronics necessary to run the screen. The LCD screen doesn't. Who knows what will happen; in a way you already know, if you don't have the display control unit.

There is another guy that has already added the color screen to the MO that originally had an orange screen. It's quite simple but you will need the wiring harness, the DCU, and the LCD screen.

I highly suggest getting the service manual for your year MO. It will help you with the wiring.

Good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Phoenix's spreadsheet is very useful and helpful. Finally, i found all the units that i need, and i installed everything but unfortunately neither the CD changer nor the AC were working, I've attached some pics.

My first attempt was yesterday, i followed phoenix's instructions step by step carefully, it took around 6 hours to complete everything, then i was so happy when i saw the NISSAN logo came up on the screen and the GPS was awesome as well, but the Cd changer was off and the AC as well.

I spent around 2 years looking for the required units, but unfortunately i am very depressed at the moment

from the integrated wiring harness i can find one YELLOW wire only which is the battery one i believe, but according to the Excel spreadsheet I couldn't find the other YELLOW wire for 'CAN-L' and this is the only missing wire!!!!! and i think that htis is the prob!

will give another try in tow days, and i hope to sort this out, but i have some inquiries;

(1) what does CAN-L mean. and is there any other harness that i can link the CAN-L with? it's same your model.

(2) the connectors that I've extracted from the new dash wiring harness were {1 for Display, 2 for DCU, 2 for NAVI, ONE ONLY for AV/AC switch and ONE ONLY for audio} and they were all linked with the DCU. the rest of the Audio and AC connectors that are already existing in my wiring harness and not involved with the DCU have been connected straight away to their sockets! Is that correct??!

(3) For the audio connector 'M46' should i link the rest of wires with the DCU or the Integrated Wiring Harness straightaway?!! Same with the AC/AV switch 'M48'??!

PS: The rest of my existing connectors for Audi etc.. have been connected to their sockets accordingly.

Please I need some help!!!

Kind regards,
S-N-I-P-E-R

·
Registered
84 Posts
TOTTALY FRUSTRATED

Hello Mate,

I've done the whole thing again, and i can see the CD changer on the lovely screen now, but unfortunately I have no access to the AC Remote, and the climate is not displayed on the screen. I've attached some photos!! this is my final results, as i've spent the whole day trying to find out why the AC remote is not working. I can feel the air coming out from the AC outputs but The AC remote is not even giving me any signals at all. Back to the orange screen now, as I had no access to the AC with the pretty cooool one TOTTALY FRUSTRATED

I've been trying without cutting the Integrated Connector, i was just getting my signals from the connector itself 'see the pics' DO YOU THINK THAT THIS IS THE PROB??!

When you installed yours, did you cut the AC/AV switch connector from your original harness in order to link the new one?? if so, could you please confirm as i did the same but the AC remote was not working!!!

Appreciate your support mate,

Kind regards,

S-N-I-P-E-R

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #51
From what I remember about my installation, I pulled as many signals as possible from the integrated connector. I remember that I isolated the sub harness from the main harness and then plugged all of the units together. The leftover wires I spliced into the integrated connector and the rest I found on the other connectors that went into the back of the AC/Audio unit.

In regards to isolating the sub harness, I found all of the connectors required for the Navigation Control Unit, Display Control Unit, and so on and pulled all of the connectors that those connectors were wired to. I then pulled as much wire as possible to those connectors that had nothing to do with the navigation system and wired it all up. I would have to revisit my notes to see what else I did. It's been a while ago given the date on the first post of this thread.

The whole point to the wire list is to describe to you what are common signals and where they can be found. I found that the integrated connector pretty much had everything I need to make the everything work.

The one other thing you have to keep in mind is that you run the risk of receiving equipment that doesn't work unless you buy it new. I made an agreement with the wrecking yard that if the equipment didn't work, I could return it and get my money back. Maybe you wired everything up correctly and it's the AC/Audio unit that is not working.

As long as you wired all of the colors together I would have thought everything would work as expected. It did for me...:(

·
Registered
84 Posts
Thanks for your answer, I've been chatting with Phoenix regarding the same thing, and he said that the prob might be the CAN-L and CAN-H wires as i found only the blue wire 'CAN-H' in my integrated connector.

I dont know what to do with my NON FUNCTOINAL AC REMOTE SYS!!!

I've attached some pics of my 5th or 6th TRY :-(

Attachments

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
Does your ac/heat system even blow air at different temps? If so, then it's a matter of getting the information to show up on the screen.

There is a small brown plug at the bottom of the Audio/AC unit that I didn't know what to do with. I plugged it in at the most logical place and everything worked first shot. Did you plug that guy in? Is there ANYTHING that is unplugged at this point that you can tell? There should be no open connectors at this point.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
About to pull the trigger on this. I will post these questions on all three of the threads.
1. Phoenix's spreadsheet - is it a wire list that details all of the connections that have to be made>
Need a copy.

2. Has anyone copied the nav manual?
need a copy

3. Has anyoun attempted to burn a copy of the nav DVD. Not sure whether one will come on my system or not

4. Has anyone made a template of the cutout for the nav control unit dvd opening?

Thanks for your indulgence.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
Here are the answers to your questions:

1) I have my updated copy that includes all connector heads and diferent labeling than what Phoenix did. I would be happy to forward it to you. Forward me your email and I'll send it out.

2) You can find a download of the nav manual from http://www.courtesyparts.com/owners-manuals.php.

3) Nope. I found a discounted version of the latest DVD on eBay. I was tempted to copy it but didn't want to mess with it.

4) I thought about it with the last picture I posted on the thread. All you would have to do it cut out the rectangle on the back side of the right panel cover. The only problem is finding a little door that you can then open or take off to reveal the face of the Navigation Control Unit. I looked at a few custom audio shops and nobody had anything that would work. So...I left it alone. When I got the new map DVD, I was in and out of the center console in under 30 minutes. I figured why go through the effort of changing the right panel cover if I'm not going to be updating the map DVD that often.

I hope this helps!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Well, it didn't happen! Found out this AM that the one I was looking at did not have a DCU!. They forgot/neglected to take it out of the car, and the car was crushed. So I am still looking, a lot wiser, but no closer....

41 - 60 of 117 Posts