Nissan Murano Forum banner

61 - 80 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #61
Well...stick with it. You're MO will be telling you where to go very soon. All you got to do is give her a set of vocal cords. :D

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I actually have a Magellan 5310 in there now. The in dash will be a couple of steps back in convenience and usability, but it will be prettier and eliminate the interference between the Magellan and the Valentine..

Thanks for all your help and advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nav Installation

Hi Warhammer,

I am new to this forum and quite impressed with your support and guidance. Murano is my first SUV after graduation and I love it and i suggest couple of my friends and they bought it too...........

I bought 2006 S AWD, without Nav, and i travel a lot, my next trip is to mexico from alexandria, va.

My question to you is i think i have color screen, i donot have orange screen like my other friend has in his murano. So how to make sure if i buy

1. Display Control Unit
2. Nav Control Unit
3. Gps Antenna

You think my screen i can use for Nav..............

I love to upgrade my murano as much as i can, please help me....

thanks

Srivick

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
If you have the color screen, it will support navigation. You already have 2 pieces of the puzzle because with the color screen also comes the display control generator.

What you will need is the following:

Audio/AC/Navigation Console Unit -- This entire assembly houses the CD player, audio controls, ac controls, etc. The buttons across the top are different than a MO without nav.

Navigation Control Unit -- Where the map DVD goes

Navigation Antenna -- Sits behind the color display and routes to the Navigation Control Unit.

Wiring Harness -- You can extract the navigation subharness to make it work.

Good luck! I found this update very rewarding!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Do you have the Back LCD monitor, my monitor show some image but really dark, or where I can get a replacement LCD monitor for my 2005 SL Murano...

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #66

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #67
Correction to previous posts:

Another member did the navigation upgrade to his 06-07 MO a few months ago and we had a revelation about the on board DCU. For whatever reason, Nissan decided that the DCU for a non-navigation setup would be different than a DCU for the navigation setup. So...if you have a 06-07 MO with a color screen and are looking to do the navigation upgrade, you will need to get the DCU for your MO that will support navigation. You can try to use the existing DCU but it will not work.

Good luck with your modding efforts!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Warhammer

Hi Warhammer,

Sorry i went to mexico and came back after 3 months so, i could not get back to you, but now i have couple of questions, from your message.

"Wiring Harness -- You can extract the navigation subharness to make it work."

does it mean that wiring is already there, but need to pull out or find, orelse i need buy new harness for navigation and reverse cam

Thnak you,

Srivick

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #69
You will need the dash harness from a MO that had navigation for the 03-05 year range. From that harness, you'll need to find all of the connectors and wires afiliated with the navigation system. Then, you just wire it into the existing harness in your MO right now.

I'm not sure what it will take to wire in the reverse camera. This is an upgrade that I want to do in the future.

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I am not 100% yet, but I think there are '06 DCU that do not support the reverse camera. I am still working on that in my color screen conversion...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Warhammer and ekaxel

Thank you for your replies, My friend has 06 Murano with non nav but he has same screen which has backup camera, so i checked for the any prewired connections for backup camera and there are pre wired connections, one for control unit and one for backup camera and there is a slot to up camera too.

Warhammer,

Yesterday, I was successful in opening all the interior to look at the connections and if my 06- Murano is pre-wired for Navigation connections, I have found two left over connections, it looks like for Navigation DVD but it might be even for heated seat switchs which i dont have, so i am attaching picture of that sockets, please let me know if you have any idea of what they are and what for.

I really appreciate your help, I do have a final questions is 04 Nav control unit is different from 06 Nav control unit.

Thank you all,

Srivick

Attachments

·
Registered
34 Posts
Doea anyone know what are the connections for in my earlier post of pic 3 and 4.............

thank you in advance,

Srivick

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #74
Sorry for the delay in response. I was on a long road trip this weekend with no access to a computer.

The DCU is definitely different between a 04 and 06 MO.

Would you be more specific where you found those connectors. Some look like they came from behind the audio unit and others in the center console?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Warhammer

Hi Warhammer,

04 Display might be different with 06 Display, But I have 06 color display which is capable of video, which i think it can be used for Nav, but you might be right.

Regarding cables, I found under the shift gear unit, it was hooked together with mirror switch, i dont know if they are for heated seat or Navigation.

But as you put navigation DVD unit, you might recognise if they are same as yours, that way we can make sure if they are prewired.

Thank you for your help and time,

Srivick

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Ekaxel

Definitely not NCU connectors....
Hi,

Are you sure that the first picture cables are not for Navigation ?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #77
The screen for the 06 shouldn't be different than the 04. I think they used the same screen for all the years. There was a part number change over the years but other than that, nothing new.

The only change that I could see between the years as far as connectors was for the back of the audio/ac unit. I'm not 100% sure about the connectors for the NCU. I'll look at the 06 Service Manual av.pdf section to check for sure.

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #79
Was that an input to the DCU or the screen itself? I thought composite input was through the DCU.

61 - 80 of 117 Posts