Nissan Murano Forum banner

81 - 100 of 117 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
I was thinking about doing this upgrade on my 03 and think I can get the parts but don't think I can get the connectors for the wiring harness. Does anyone know how I can go about getting the connectors so that I can make my own harness?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Not 100% sure where Nissan got the connectors. I just got the dash wiring harness and extracted the sub harness from there; reference first page and pictures.

I figure you can got o digikey, newark, or allied for connectors. Just not sure what to look under.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi every I'm new to the forum
Warhammer: I'm so happy for you! btw I'm trying to look for a dvd/navg system for my 04 mo. Do you know if its possible for me to just bought a after market system and put it on? will it crash with my original system?

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
I'm honored. You picked my thread to for your first post!

There are multiple threads throughout this forum in regards to using aftermarket solutions. One member put in a Carputer, another put in another system that wasn't identified. The absolute best solution in my opinion for your setup is to relocate the original orange screen and put in your aftermarket navigation system. There are people that have relocated their original screen to the roof or below the 3 air control knobs.

Whatever way you go, if you want to go aftermarket, you need to make sure you relocate your original screen to keep its functionality. Then in a separate system, wire in your aftermarket navigation system. It won't have anything to do or interfere with your OEM setup.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm honored. You picked my thread to for your first post!

There are multiple threads throughout this forum in regards to using aftermarket solutions. One member put in a Carputer, another put in another system that wasn't identified. The absolute best solution in my opinion for your setup is to relocate the original orange screen and put in your aftermarket navigation system. There are people that have relocated their original screen to the roof or below the 3 air control knobs.

Whatever way you go, if you want to go aftermarket, you need to make sure you relocate your original screen to keep its functionality. Then in a separate system, wire in your aftermarket navigation system. It won't have anything to do or interfere with your OEM setup.
:29:LOL your thread was the reason I sign up to this forum. And thankyou very much for your time and advice!

·
Registered
41 Posts
I was looking at a navi setup that came off an 07 SL (I have an 07 S) but the harness that comes with the navi includes connections for VDC and Intelligent key, which my Murano does not come with....can I still use this harness?

Also where can I find this excel spreadsheet?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Guys,

I'm a newbie to the forum but have already found it very informative thus far.

Here is my question, I have a 2007 (built March 2007) Mo SL 3.5 with 6-disc Bose & Back-up Camera. I have been wanting to add the OEM Nav system and have been reading up on all the threads. The one comment i consistently saw was that I should check with the dealership on the correct Part numbers for each component. So, I called a friend of mine who works at the Nissan dealership where I purchased it. He personally called Nissan and gave them my VIN; where they informed him that I couldnt add the Nav since it wasnt installed on the production floor.

Could this really be true? It seems from everything I've read, lots of people have done the upgrade. How am I to verify the part numbers if Nissan says I cant do it?

·
Registered
12,665 Posts
Yes, it can be done, but it may be prohibitively expensive.

-njjoe

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm not so much worried about cost as I am fully functional. I'd hate to spend the money only to find not everything works the way it should have from Nissan.

The best I can tell, here is what I need:

1) Dash Harness w/navigation which subharness could be extracted from for navigation:
2) 2007 Display Control Unit (DCU Navi) #28330 CC26C

3) 2007 Navigation Control Unit (NCU) #25915 CC26C

4) 2007 AC/AV Switches

5) GPS Antenna that plugs into the Navigation Control Unit.

·
Registered
121 Posts
@ DeluxMember
I have an 04 with OEM nav that came with the car. I have additionally installed the electronic trunk latch, and the reverse camera all OEM parts. Also had to replace the passenger door lock actuator because the trunk release switch runs through that actuator to know if the car is locked or unlocked so the BCM knows when and when not to send and open trunk signal. The reason for my explanaining this to you is because my truck is a pre production before those things were equipped in the Muranos and i did NOT have to replce the BCM, DCU or the Display. I simply had to add in the missing wires from the Camera Control Unit(CCU) to the Display Control Unit(DCU) and the Display. I do not see why your car should not be capable to be retrofitted. Dealers will tell you alot of things do not work for the simple reason that they do not want to be held responsible if it does not work. I ended up spending a total of about 1500$ CDN total to get my reverse cam and trunk system working the OEM way. I had a lot of time invested in studying wiring diagrams and what not. Was it worth it? YES. the satisfaction of doing it myself was awesome

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm sure that's the reason. Nissan doesn't want to stick their head out for something they no longer have control over. But how do I know I'm buying the right parts if the dealership won't tell me what actually works with my model?

·
Registered
121 Posts
My personal oppionion is that all you need is a colour lcd, control unit for the lcd, a new radio unit, dvd control unit, antenna for the nav and a wiring harness. From my reading further up in the post if I understand correctly the nav system is a standalone system to a certain degree. The original poster states that he cut out what he needed from the wiring harness that he purchased and soughtered everything together there after. I would love to have a crack at this if this was possible because that is my interest. I can't do it on mine because it already has it and the truck can't have down time as it is in constant use.

·
Registered
34 Posts
OEM Navigation to 2006 Murano S

Hi Guys,

I have Nissan Murano 2006 S with color screen and I installed backup camera and it works fine, I completed my Navigation project by adding Navigation Unit from 2005 and Front Navigation panel and wiring from 2005, I cannot see the maps but when i go to diagnostic mode I see Navigation and GPS stuff but I cannot select them (As they are in grey).

Do I need different Display Control Unit for navigation purpose ? Can someone please help ???

Thanks

Sri

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Exaxel,

Can I know this is from which year and it is for Navigation- Display control unit or just for color display and how much are you expecting for this DCU ?

if you can can you please give me model number on DCU

Thanks in advance

Sri

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Out of a 05-06 Armada with Nav. Had it in my MO but took it out because I did not have factory Nav. Worked fine.
Model no. 28330 CC200
P/N DCU-6120G (US)
$60 shipped...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hi Sir,

Lets proceed with shipping and you can email me at [email protected] to talk about PayPal and shipping address

Thank you

Sri

·
Registered
34 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Is there any fuse or any type of checks I need to make sure for Navigation to work, I checked all connections from dcu to nav all are correct based on wiring from Nissan manuals. I changed Dcu but still it dint work....

I can send my excel sheet I made it for connections if someone wants to help.

Thanks

Sri

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Discussion Starter #100
From what I understand you'll need the following 2006/2007 parts if you already have the color screen.

Navigation Control Unit
Display Control Unit
Navigation/Audio/AC Unit
Antenna
Wiring Harness

The Display Control Unit for your current screen is not programmed to handle the navigation system. You'll need the DCU for a navigation system from what I understand.

There are other threads that cover a conversion from a non nav 06 to a nav 06.

81 - 100 of 117 Posts