Nissan Murano Forum banner

101 - 117 of 117 Posts

·
Premium Member
2 Posts
great job, i have a japan assembled model, everything is in japanese and i wish to turn it into English and have my country;s MAP installed in it..

any help ???

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi, does anyone have the documentation that is mentioned in this thread?

·
Registered
100 Posts
It wouldn't bother me to do a backup camera they sell em for cheap. As far the car in they got the flat screen you can just bolter up over the original display and keep it moving.

·
Registered
195 Posts

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
This thread might be outdated by now, but i just wanted to say that i have successfully used one of these
New Arcade Game RGB CGA EGA YUV to VGA HD Video Converter Board GBS8200 Ea | eBay

to convert the original RGB signal to VGA. This way i can install a 7" display of any kind, and get additional hdmi/vga/composite inputs for other interesting stuff
If you are using the Magellan 1700 to get NAV, this won't work because it doesn't have a composite video out....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi everyone I am from Costa Rica , first of all great upgrade job.
I want to know if I can change my boring orange screen display for a color LCD display in my MO2003 without rear view camera or navigation (I don´t care navigation system just LCD color), and if I want to install a rear view camera what should I get( will be a possibility) thanks

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
I have the complete Magellan 1700 display conversion from my '07 (totalled last week). Included is the Magellan 1700 (new battery, 2013 maps), The Magellan 5v power supply (for built in permanent power connection), my harnesses(which were snipped out), RGB to composite video converter (for the factory displays), and all the connectors, switches, and plugs. It is a somewhat complex DIY, but it will give you built in NAV, all the factory displays and back up canera (if your MO was equipped with a factory camera). Requires the vehicle to have had a factory color display because you need the DCU signals.
I also have a GROM NS2, which will give you Bluteooth phone and USB music. There is an IPOD cord, but I don't have that. Requires a radio with the satellite connector.
PM me if you are interested in any of it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Warhammer, I see the great job you did installing the Navigation unit, and with your expertise was hoping you could help me with my smaller but nevertheless complex problem of disassembling the center console, if that happens to be the case to access the 12V outlet/cigarette lighter plug to draw power to connect a double USB outlet I want to install in one of the free ports in front of the gear shift. Its no good for me to just get to the wires because I have the coupling connector for the plug, hence my dilema of how I should proceed. Your valuable help is most appreciated. Thanks.
Dan

101 - 117 of 117 Posts