Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I know this is a redundant topic and hate to be "that guy" but can someone just post a good led headlight option for an SV 2018? Im coming from a 2016 Rouge SL and the stock led headlights that were on that would be fine for me. An amazon link would be fine, just give me a good starting point please!

·
Registered
40 Posts
I am also looking for an led upgrade on my 2018 SV, I have shortlisted below 2 led lights (one fanless & one with fan), but will wait for any recommendation by existing owners.

can't post links due to new user restriction, so here are two led lights on Amazon

B06XHDYTGL:
BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Bright H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit

B01H6NZ7D8:
CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty

·
Super Moderator
419 Posts
I am using these in my Motorcycle, I am having no issues, and so far they are holding up well, not expensive but appear to be of good quality, perhaps you guys want to try them out in your vehicles

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am also looking for an led upgrade on my 2018 SV, I have shortlisted below 2 led lights (one fanless & one with fan), but will wait for any recommendation by existing owners.

can't post links due to new user restriction, so here are two led lights on Amazon

B06XHDYTGL:
BEAMTECH H11 LED Headlight Bulb, 50W 6500K 8000Lumens Extremely Bright H8 H9 CSP Chips Conversion Kit

B01H6NZ7D8:
CougarMotor LED Headlight Bulbs All-in-One Conversion Kit - H11 (H8, H9) -7,200Lm 6000K Cool White CREE - 3 Year Warranty
I want to try these, what about for the high beams?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I've got plasmaglow led bulbs in 2015 Murano. Ordered them from amazon, installed approx 2 weeks ago. So far, I'm happy with the upgrade. LEDs are much brighter, than halogens, focused right in my headlights. As for the installation, I did not have to cut anything, just plug and play, no flickering. We'll see, how long they will last, but for now I'm happy with the conversion.

·
Vendor
186 Posts
Hi there,

Here is a good headlight conversion kit that I can recommend from my experience:
Putco® - ProLux Zero LED Headlight Conversion Kit

Here is the link to view details and specs of this headlight conversion kit. We keep getting positive reviews on these LEDs from our customers, so I can recommend the kit to you. I can also tell you, that these Putco lights are backed up with 2-year warranty and, unlike many other LEDs available today, are proudly made in the USA.

Feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I just bought a 2018 Charcoal SV--was tired of crawling out of my Accord LOL--and am interested in the same question. The headlights seem quite yellow compared to the LED running lights. Would like to match them up and give myself better visibility. I assume LED would take care of both issues? Not sure what the diff is between that an HID but will investigate. Thanks for any feedback you can provide.

·
Super Moderator
7,899 Posts
It's all color temperature, expressed in degrees Kelvin. Daylight is in the 5K color temp range, incandescent like standard light bulbs is around 3K. There is no visual advantage to getting into higher color temps above 5K, it's just playing with colors. To change the perceived color of the light, change the lamps to ones of different color temp. (Video and film producers have worked with this for years, it shows up in video and film.)

This is taken from a sales promo page, the terms such as "Alpine white" are their marketing gibberish...

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been toying with this idea also, but there is a trade off. LEDs are a brighter white and as demonstrated by others pictures seem to better illuminate what's in front of you but Halogen have more distance. I think in some other threads others complained about the lack of distance in LED. I've held off so far because on a highway or a rural road I want the greatest distance I can get from the lights. They will match up better with the LED DRL though.

·
Registered
918 Posts
There are tons of LED headlights out there, from expensive to cheap. Amazon is flooded with LED headlight from all kinds.

All claims to be the brightest, etc...
But what i found out, is they all look good when first installed, it is the longevity that sucks. I went through 2 sets already, averaging $50 to $100 per set.
Good thing, some have 2 year limited warranty, I went though the waranty as one of my LED just died after 6 month.
The main issue with these LED is heat, that's why they have all sorts of heat sink and fans behind them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts