Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Those of you with the push bar do you have two holes on the top of the bar? I'm guessing it is for foglights or wiring foglights as they are not threaded.

My dealer installed one for today (1st one they've done) and they don't know if they are supposed to be there. They are going to check on Monday and order a new one if it's not supposed to be there.

I'm happy either way with the bar since I got it for free due to a dealer error.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Yeah they are supposed to be there. I believe if they would have looked in the instructions that it makes mention to foglights and those holes.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Pretty much figured it was that way from factory. Only thing that sucks about it is that they aren't even lined up correctly on the bar. One side is higher than the other.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
really? i will have to check that out. How do you like the look of it? I think they should all come that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I love the look of it. Wife thinks the dealer should add it on. When I originally told her about the bar she didn't like it until I showed her a picture of yours with it on. From that point she was saying we have to get that from the dealer.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
Awesome! I'm glad you guys are happy. I think its one of those things to set us apart from the pack

·
Registered
17 Posts
does anyone know if there are any plans for nissan to make a chrome version of their pushbar? or is there a manufacturer that makes these in chrome? i like the look but i would prefer chrome to the gray paint. thanks

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm getting pricing on having mine OEM bar chrome plated. First price I got this week is $50 per foot. Will keep looking in the phone book. I really think the bar chromed would be perfect. I'm also going to get the body color grill after Frances leaves the neighborhood.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
One of these:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hey midnight, keep us posted on the pricing and how it turns out. Are there any aftermarket comapnies that make push bars that look like the OEM version? like you said though i think the chrome or stainless steel look would set it off much more, plus i have the silver paint, and i think it would accenutate that more than the gray color bar they have now.

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah, I cant figure out why they only offer it in that grey color.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
I would love to get it chromed and then paint the grille, but I don't know if it is 'cost effective'. Ideally someone should make one similiar to the OEM one except incorporate another horizontal bar going across the middle...oh and chrome it all.

·
Registered
541 Posts
yeah snow I think its lacking something in the middle there too.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Hey Snow do you always have no front license plate or did you take it off just for the picture? I cant tell whether you have that rubber mounting bracket there or not.

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
jaycen29 said:
Hey Snow do you always have no front license plate or did you take it off just for the picture? I cant tell whether you have that rubber mounting bracket there or not.
I can answer that. Here in Pennsylvania, only rear plates are required. The bracket for the front plate is included with the car, but needs to be installed with a drill :eek: :eek: :eek:

So far, I have not seen any Muranos from PA with front plates of any sort, keep in mind many people put fake "custom" plates on the front. So far the MO owners I've seen have avoided that.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
No license plate going on the front of mine. Thank God!

·
Registered
541 Posts
Yeah unfortunately in california you are supposed to have a front plate so mine came with the bracket already on. Cant just take it off since the holes have alreay been drilled. I am going to try and get away with no front plate for as long as I can, I see other cars driving around here without them all the time. I ordered a chrome half plate with the word Murano in raised lettering on it, I am gonna put that on the front, that should be just about enough to still cover that black bracket. Hopefully I dont get pulled over but If I do I guess I have to put that ugly license plate back on front.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts