Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered the updated/upgraded OEM cross bars for the MO's roof rack. Can't believe it's taken Nissan this long to get these things out to the dealers. Will let you know how they install. They are running $147 from Nissan.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was told when I got my Murano in Oct. '03 that they were having problems/recalled the cross rails from the dealers do to a load bearing issue. The original cross bars were collapsing because of the wrong manuf. specs being used. I've checked every month since Oct. and yesterday they told me the updated units were finally available. If you got yours last month then I might assume they are the upgraded cross bars, but might be worth a call to verify. I only want to carry an extension ladder on occasion. I have no reason not to believe the dealer I bought the bars from since they could have sold me the old ones at anytime.

·
Registered
564 Posts
Hmmm... do you have a copy of the Nissan TSB or recall notice? I haven't seen anything on this and since mine came in April of this year, I don't know if my vehicle's cross bars are affected or not.

Thanks - Jim

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sorry Jim C. -- I've been taking the word of the parts manager at my dealership. It would never have occured to me to ask for a TSB since they weren't trying to sell me something and it all started before I joined murano.org.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts