Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if the oem sirius receiver was available cheaper now. Grubbs has it for $309 can it be found cheaper? Would it be possible to use one out of a Murano at a junk yard?

·
4,601 Posts
The OEM receiver is expensive because they know they have a captive audience and the only place you can get it from dealers. Grubbs has always been one of the better deals around.

But any Sirius antenna with two connections, or one connection and a splitter, should work, so that does not have to come from the dealer.

If you can find one in a wreck, all you need is to buy an antenna and you should be in business.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Do a search... when I installed XM Marlboro Nissan had the XM reciever cheaper than anyone. I would guess the same for Sirius.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I actually live just up the road from Marlboro Nissan, gave them a call because I'm thinking about installing Sirius, myself, they quoted me $320 for the reciever and $58 for the antenna.

·
Registered
4,077 Posts
Look at my gallery. I have an 03 and installed XM myself. Pretty easy just time consuming.

You can save on shipping and pick it up yourself.

If you have any questions about the install drop me a line. Are you close enough to me that you could perhaps look as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts