Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to know from Kris and others here how many miles did you get from your OEM tires? I have just hit 9000 miles; no that's not a typo, nine thousand miles, and my read tires are almost on the indicators. Gee every other FWD car I've know raped the front tires faster. So, like, should I complain? The last time I tried to complain about OEM tires the dealer said I had to goto Goodyear, and the Goodyear dealer said I had to goto the dealer. Beside that if all they are going to do is prorat toward new tires, they can keep it, I would NEVER pay money for Goodyear tires.

·
Registered
145 Posts
I had 25,000 when I replaced them, they could have gone farther (I was not at the wear bars) but I worried about hydroplanning. The tire shop I went to said they usually last about 30k. I could have squeezed that out of them but it was not worth the risk.

·
5,244 Posts
I replaced at 28,000 miles. But they could easily last another 2,000 - 5,000 miles.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I'm at 21,000 miles, and I would estimate the OE tires are about halfway worn.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'm at 28k & they look about 60% worn.

I am planning on getting the Falken 265/60/18's & I am having a hard time waiting for them to wear out! :cool:

·
Registered
842 Posts
OEM tire mileage

My MO just click over 52000 KM and I am indicating about 55% wear. I have found that the OEM tires last between 75000-85000Km.

And for what ever reason I have had really good luck in with Goodyear tires and I plan on replacing them with the upgrade version of the OEM tires

·
Registered
470 Posts
KSmurano said:
I'm at 28k & they look about 60% worn.

I am planning on getting the Falken 265/60/18's & I am having a hard time waiting for them to wear out! :cool:
Be careful what you wish for. I know from past experience that new tires can change the way a car drives and feels and it isn't always for the better. It is difficult to know for sure how any brand of new tire will feel. I put Michelins on my Passat and didn't like how the car wandered on grooves in the freeway. Others had the same experience with those tires so I went back to Continentals and am much happier.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HuskyFan said:

Be careful what you wish for. I know from past experience that new tires can change the way a car drives and feels and it isn't always for the better. It is difficult to know for sure how any brand of new tire will feel. I put Michelins on my Passat and didn't like how the car wandered on grooves in the freeway. Others had the same experience with those tires so I went back to Continentals and am much happier.
I put a set of Faulkens on my Mustang once. Worst set of tires I have ever owned. Whe I replace I am going with either the Yokohamas or the Kumho. Probably Kumho because that is what is on the front of my Mustang right now and this is the second pair.

I guess I will go back to Tire Kingdom and get them to check the rear alaignment, because if it's off, it was definately like that from the dealer.

·
5,244 Posts
Read my Yokohama saga story.

It is just my opinion but unless I find a good passenger type tires, preferably summer or performance tires I will stick with GDY. Most of you know why.....

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Kris said:
Read my Yokohama saga story.

It is just my opinion but unless I find a good passenger type tires, preferably summer or performance tires I will stick with GDY. Most of you know why.....
Where? I saw someplace where you bought Yoko's but didn't see any adverse prolems. I just know that every Goodyear tire I've had has worn prematurly and the Kumhos have been great. I had a set of Yokohama A032R's on the Mustang and those stuck to the road like contact cement even in the rain, but they only went 15K miles and I've been told I did good to get that much :p

·
5,244 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
I put 80,000 km on mine before installing snows for this winter. The dealer said there is still good summer life left in the tires, but I plan to change them this spring anyways, as I'm sure hydroplane resistance will be greatly reduced. I rotated only every 20,000 km. I guess it partly depends on what the road surfaces you drive on are made up of. I understand it ranges from the use of sea shells in some southern US states mixed with asphalt to recylced tires (rubber) mixed with the asphalt. Our highways are mostly either concrete or high grade asphalt in Ontario.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I haven't seen any shells here in the asphalt, have you Kris? Atlanta is the king of granite, the two largest granite quarries are here. Most of the DC monuments, and all large old granite post offices were made with granite from Stone Mountain, right here in Atlanta. All of the curb stone in older Atlanta neighborhoods are granite. I get to feel the daily wall shots at the vulcan quarry up the street from me.

But seriously, you see shells in asphalt a lot in Coastal towns in the south and Florida of course. The Ocala limestone unit goes out to sea down there at Venice Florida---in my caving days I crawled through some Ocala limestone caves in south GA---you can see whole crabs and urchins in that stuff, and it is white and mainly shells. Desolve it and what do you get?
Shells.

Oops, went off the thread.....
:rolleyes:

·
Registered
50 Posts
I am at 29,000 miles in 16 months, and my OEM's still look new. There is plenty of tread left, and they are even all the way across. I do 95% highway driving, and live in New England, so not much real hot weather.

I also make sure that my tires are all at recommended pressures at least once a week. Gotta love TPMS.:claphead:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts