Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have any ideas on where I can get some original wiring connectors for a MO. Dealer sells wiring harnesses only and that will prove too expensive and I have not been able to locate a junk yard with late model Nissans near where I live. I need to replicate the connector that plugs into the non Nav LCD, and the plug that is on the LCD itself. Thanks in advance.

·
4,601 Posts
They're tough to come by and carry a minimum quantity of 1,000. How many thousands do you need?

I think some of them may be Molex, but many are Yazaki.

I understand that Nissan sells a connector repair kit to the dealers, so this may be an alternate path. Go ask your dealer what they do.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
Go to a junkyard with a pair of cutters and get what you need. You would probably have to do a lot of soldering though.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input guys. Junkyard idea is out cause none have late model nissans that will let me cut plugs off of. I will try the plug repair kit idea. Didn't know they had them. :p

·
4,601 Posts
I just love the...

Attachments

·
Registered
79 Posts
Have you tried Crutchfield or Circuit City to see if they have any adapter cables for connecting aftermarket head units to the factory wiring?

They sell these for many cars and stereo units to prevent having to cut wires.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Dalite said:
Have you tried Crutchfield or Circuit City to see if they have any adapter cables for connecting aftermarket head units to the factory wiring?

They sell these for many cars and stereo units to prevent having to cut wires.
No I have not. I sort of have given up on the idea, actually decided to wait a bit longer until MOs finally show up at the junkyards and buy the pig tail. But you are right. Thanks for the tip. I will check with them.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
If you can find the "suppliers" part # I may be able to get you one.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Amazing what you find in the Manual...Pg. GI-23

Kent-Moore tools
Part No. J38751-95NI
Connector & Terminal Pin Kit

Don't know where they sell it (or how much is it), but here's the number to kent moore (800) 345-2233...Search kent-moore in the web & you'll find their website.

WiL

·
Registered
47 Posts
Wow...Just found out the price on the pin terminal kit...$3,156.19.

Spoke to the tech guy @ kent-moore, and said they do sell connectors in packages of 10, but I need to find the part numbers at the dealer :mad:

WiL

·
4,994 Posts
Anybody gone to the parts departmwnt at the dealer and "Talk real Nice" with a $Tip?

·
4,601 Posts
And watch their eyes glaze over as you talk....

·
4,994 Posts
If you canget the particular part # ( Kent-Tools) I can contact The rep. in Detroit and see what I can do. :) it's possible I used to get samples (typically they would send a 25 to a 100.)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts