Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a CPO 2015 platinum I was not told that the original owner at 650 miles had a floor leak and the firewall was resealed and new carpet installed. The dealer has offered to return the vehicle and find me another. Or return my trade. This Murano is awesome with only 21,000 miles. Love it. Should I return it and find another or keep it.

·
Registered
121 Posts
If the issue was repaired and you don‘t see any residual issues I’d say keep it. But opinions will vary. Go with your gut and what you feel comfortable with.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A 2015 with only 21k miles? Owned by a retiree? Reference the leak issue. As long as you don’t smell mildew or see corrosion I would say keep it. Leaks can happen for a number of reasons but once fixed and mitigated there should not be any longterm performance problems in my opinion. Since you were not given full-disclosure that this problem existed maybe going to the dealer and asking for a maintenance credit for any future repairs having to do with the leak? I know...good luck with that right?

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
The mileage is more important than the year - sounds like a steal to me. The leak should not re-appear, and if it does, have it fixed. Easy call, go for it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So the dealer removed the carpet and had me come look and the floor looks perfect. So I guess I’m the proud new owner of this.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I would be very hesitant not knowing the extent of the leak. But since they had to reseal & replace carpet it sounds fairly extensive. Lots of electrical components & connections there. Things can go wonky down the road. Electrical problems can be hard to diagnose. Maybe request an additional 2 years of warranty? It’s a gamble for sure. I wish you good luck!

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
This is a lot of concern about a simple leak! If you like the car, get it and if the leak re-appears, plug it!! Geez.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Pilgrim has a lot more knowledge & experience with these vehicles than most here. If he’s not concerned about it, then I wouldn’t be overly concerned. Based on his comments, don’t worry about it! I humbly withdraw my previous post.

·
Super Moderator
8,219 Posts
Pilgrim has a lot more knowledge & experience with these vehicles than most here. If he’s not concerned about it, then I wouldn’t be overly concerned. Based on his comments, don’t worry about it! I humbly withdraw my previous post.
You're very kind, but there is a certain amount of guesswork in this.

The fact is, there isn't a leak that can't be fixed. However, there are owners that have a leak, decide the sky is falling and the car is a deathtrap, and who immediately wash their hands of the vehicle and trade it. The better solution is to have the dealer fix it, even if that means more than one service call.

Cars sometimes are excellent used values if one owner bails when a simple problem like this occurs.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts