Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK HOLD YOUR HATS! I am thinking about trading my less than 1000 miles 04 MO Petwer Touring SL and getting a New 05 in Platium SL with every thing they have on it. AM I NUTS? GRIP

·
5,268 Posts
You retired, you have money, you LIKE the new 05.......so go for it! HAVE FUN!!!!

·
Registered
2,393 Posts
Do all this over again? I thought you said you weren't very limber!

Chrome SL Wheels, Rack/CrossBars
Stainless Steel Laser Cut Billet Grill
Pressure Pro TPMS, Red Calipers
XM SAT Roady2 via Aux In.
IPOD / Custom mount, Aux In.
Rear Mounted PAC Aux Unit.
VCommand All Talk Nav.
IR Backup + Rear Camera via DVD Screen.
Splash Guards, Floor Mats
Diamond Tint, Cargo Protector
Head End Blue/Silver Bulbs, LED park bulbs.
Hands Free Cell with Speaker & Bose Mute.
Glass + VIN Etched, Debadged.
Fog Lamp Driver selectable DTRL.
Slightly Darkened Tail Lamps working.
New pedals on order, (hope I get them)
B-Quiet Sound Deading going in!

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Don't let me stop the inputs I need sanity. However:

1. They will swap out my Billet grill and my chrome rims, including taking the TPMS from the new one and put them in my chrome rims.

2. I will be adding a Intelligent key, Dynamic Control etc.
the NAV SCREEN (so I can put the DVD into it), have the Good Steering Rack, Seat track, Alternator, maybe a couple less rattles, etc. A new model year, and very few less miles.

3. I'll keep my rear mounted PAC adapter so I can keep my Ipod custom mount, and cell speaker mount, and XM Sat receiver ( to see stock ticker directly).

4. I have yet to add in the B-quite so that not a loss, Pedal covers never came in yet, I can sell my neat V-Comm NAV, Pressure Pro aftermarket TPMS, I-R Auto Park and Rear view camera. I'll keep the DVD unit for my daughter, .

5. I will have to repaint the brake calipers, re clay bar, wax, remove all the stuff from the current Mo, including remount the Fog lamp relay system, The nav systems, Phone kit, GPS antennas, IR Back up system, change out all the bulbs (remove and replace on both vehicles) etc. So it's not without significant effort. Yes I have spinal stenosis, but I am not dead yet! AND I love doing this fun stuff.

It's about $3500 of upgrades I didn't buy on the current MO and about $800 to $900 of funds I can get for current stuff I can sell

I am retired but sure not rolling in dough to throw it away. The Mo is the main toy, that and the Grippee and the cats

I can do this for $6700 total cost Plus sales tax, kind of seemed like it was not all that unreasonable ????? or is it ????

God! I can't believe I told all that! Keep Advising, Please.

·
5,268 Posts
GO FOR THAT! HAVE FUN!:)

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Gripperdon, it is your $$$..

but if it is me: $6,700 (plus the amount you pay for tax and fees) will allow me to by another car, like a convertible miata 1999 - 2000
I think it is not worth it. AGain, this is me :)

can do this for $6700 total cost Plus sales tax, kind of seemed like it was not all that unreasonable ????? or is it ????

·
5,268 Posts
Sugar,

not everything is money. The older you get the more true it is. Somebody said to me long time ago: "I naver regret what I have done, I do regret what I haven't done". It sounded weird to me at that time. Now I realized how true it was. I never regret things I have done in the past. What I do regret is what I haven't done and could have. Just to name a few: could have traveled to Great Wall of China - it would have taken me just a short trip from Shanghai to Pekin, Ayers Rock in Australia - never had done it. Now it will be very difficult. So now I am trying to do what I can do.

Don, that's only money. You love working on your Murano, you do want the 05 model. Go for it! And enjoy! Never look back!

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks very much for the sincere inputs, Still considering. They say the invoice is $32940 on the vehicle. For whatever that is worth. I guess they were trying to make me feel they were being fair, don't know let you all know. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
GripperDon said:
I can sell my neat V-Comm NAV, Pressure Pro aftermarket TPMS, I-R Auto Park and Rear view camera.
Go for it Grip. And if you ever decide to sell these the same way as you did your grill, you have a customer right here! :2:

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well First these are easier to ship and can go postal, Second they don't take up room I don't have to spare and third I think most everyone that might want a grille already had one. Never-the-less these are also in perfect shape, but I would still sell for about 35% less than I paid, just so they can be put to good use. But I'll keep you in mind if they change my name to Santa from Gripper. GRIP :2:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Sugar,
Not everything is money. The older you get the more true it is. Somebody said to me long time ago: "I naver regret what I have done, I do regret what I haven't done".
[\QUOTE]

Perhaps you are right. I am just 26 years old.
In my mindset, I am more to building some assets, equity and saving accounts as in couple more years I am going to get married, have a family, little ones, send them to college, etc etc.
Perhaps in future years, there are a point when I will find the true meaning of your word, Kris. ;)

PS: you should go to Shanghai, nice city.
We have an office down there...

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well I decided (that a lot different than making a determination) that I would really like to do it. Now I've got to go and have a little discussion with the "Grippee". Think I'll wait till after dinner and she has had a glass of wine. Wish me luck. Grip

PS, I remember the worries were different when I was 26, Boy! I would trade a lot to have it and them again, (but most old guys like me would) I have been very blessed, Have a lovely Daughter, A happily married Engineer Son and a happily married MD Son who will make us grandparents for the first time in February and I have the "Grippee", And maybe a 05 Platinum Murano to work on. Who could want anything more.

·
5,268 Posts
Sugar,

I spent 3 weeks in Shanghai in 1999. I was training Chaineese personnel in GM Buick Plant. I agree with you - nice city. I was surprised at the time how dynamic it was, the biggest construction site in the world. What I do regret that people advise me to fly to Pekin/Beijing for a weekend and travel to Great Wall of China. Did not do it. I still regret it. But "never say never"! Corporation I work for has offices in 150 countries. So you neverf know - so far I had the pleasure to work on 5 continents. So you never know;)

PS. Get your Miata! You will not regret!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Wow . . . . your post actually prompted me to sign up and reply . . . .

Anyways, my thoughts are that if you're going to do it . . . . do it in the last 5 days of this year. That's when dealers will bend over backwards to meet their quotas. Last year I negotiated a Honda Pilot $1500 under invoice, fully loaded at on the 27th.

Invoice price is now the new MSRP . . . . dealers still make a good bit off of invoice so don't be afraid to cut them short. ($500-1000 below if you're a nice person :)

A tip is to deal only with the internet fleet manager over the phone. Call, negotiate a deal over the phone and etc. Generally by calling around you can get some really good deals without leaving the comfort of your own home. For instance, my friend got a 2002 passat GLX 4motion back in Dec of 2001 for $28,500 out the door (incl tax & etc). Invoice was around $28,300 by itself.

To tell you the truth . . . . I would do what you're thinking about doing as well. After reading about the alternator issues and the seat / few other things, its nice to have a model thats 2-3 years into production. What I really like to hear about nissan is that they seem to actually care what the consumers have to say. That's why I will not be getting another VW/Audi product.

Anyways I've been reading these forums non-stop for the past few days. I'm currently a 22yr old senior at Cornell University and I'm looking to replace my 2000 VW Passat with a Murano next summer after I graduate. Been reading a lot of posts (practically every one of them with pictures) and have decided that I'll be looking for a Murano SE with AWD, Touring Package, Midnight Blue / Charcoal. No vehicle stability control for me . . . I believe in sticky tires.

Best of luck in getting a good deal. The last 5 days of the year are critical for dealers. Take advantage of it.

Dave

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Well its $6700 for basically NAV and Dynamic control (the major options). You can add an aftermarket NAV you can move from car to car for about $1000, so that leaves $5700 for the stability control.

Its up to you whether its worth it or not. When I purchased my Murano, one feature I could not do without was the stability control.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here was my dollar analysis:

1. Dynamic Control Pkg. $ 750 (List Price)
2. Technology Pkg. $2350 (List price, NAV,TMPS,etc. )
3. Rear View Camera $ 200 (Guess of effective cost)
4. Intelligent Key $ 250 (Guess of effective cost)
5. One model yr. Deprecation $1500 (their current rebate amt)
6. Better Steering gear. $ 250 (Guess of effective cost)
7. Don't get stranded by Alt. $ 200 (?)
8. Seat Track avoidance. $ 50 (just to not go to dealer)
Sub Total $5550

Even nicer color (to me) and maybe some other bugs ironed out.
another ??? I can transfer the License plates but I do have to pay the sales tax on the $6700 = $7230 total, so about $1680 for ? Based on the amount I definitely can't recover any of, it's about $45 to $50 a month.

I had already added NAV, TPMS, etc. and plan to reduce the $6700 some by selling NAV, TMPS, Rear View Camera, Rear IR, etc.

SEE, IF YOU TRY HARD ENOUGH YOU CAN RATIONALIZE ANYTHING!

P.S. Chickened out on talking to the GRIPPEE yet. GRIP :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
Sure, GRIP ~ You just want that extra $500 out of the $1,500 rebate I got screwed on. LOL =)~

Platinum is a nice color!

Would you NOT get enough money selling your MO outright? I always think dealers rip us off with trades....

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
It's a thought, but in this state we have sales tax of about 8% but only on the difference of cost vs trade in. So I have to charge the buyer about $2200 more to make it even.

YOU GOT ME ON THE $500 comment! "Touché"

This is the salesman/dealer that I bought this MO from and my Little son got his Altima, so he is looking for more business in the future, and they are out of Mo's 04 and used. GRIP :D

·
Registered
74 Posts
TAX SUX

·
Registered
758 Posts
New 05

Grip,
If you can afford it and it makes you happy - DO IT! Life is way too short. I agree with you on the color, I really like the Pewter but I love the change in color they made when they changed it to Platinum. Very classy looking color. I have an after Market NAV setup, but that doesn't mean I don't wish I could have had factory. I have been running the same thoughts through my mind about trading in my 04 if I could get a really good deal on an 05. I want some of the Factory options that I did not get the first time, plus a different color, the Blue is just way too hard for me to keep clean. My wife would KILL Me though!! She does not like the whole car buying experience. Good luck in whatever you decide.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts