Ah I see, ill try using a different browser thanks!I think the melted alternator plug/harness thing is kinda common (seen a few videos of people repairing these) so I'm not sure your loose cable clamp was necessarily the root cause. I suspect I had a plug/harness problem in my 2nd gen too that intermittently caused a no-charging condition until I disabled the vvcs function that is controlled and sensed at that plug. But it's so tight to work in there I'm putting it off replacing the plug. I bought the replacement plug but am just dreading doing it. Did you drain the coolant and remove the top radiator hose and fans to do that plug splice job? And do it from the top or the side? Take any photos of your job? Would make a good DIY.
The FSM recommends to disable the vvsc as the first step in any no-charge troubleshooting by disconnecting the battery current sensor. This will tell you if your regulator is still good or not by disabling the external controls that could make it appear like your alternator isn't working. I couldn't get mine unplugged but that's how the FSM recommends to start troubleshooting to avoid misdiagnosing the alternator as bad. That looks like alot of tight and tricky work to DIY the alternator swap only to have the same problem after.....
You might try another browser if you can't get the nicoclub site to work. I can't get the manuals to work in Chrome but Edge(!?) works for me. Might just be some browser settings I've made in Chrome and never made in Edge because I never use it. Those manuals are key to figuring so much stuff out.
Thanks for the info about the vvc too!
I did the soldering and shrinking from the top, but this was before I attached the positive post to the alternator for slack purposes. Then I had to remove this regulator harness from the alternator after I realized I miswired it. So I took a wire hanger and made a long tool to depress the harness clip while I tugged up on the wires in order to pull the harness out from secured in the alternator. I then squeezed my hands in once again and just cut, soldered and shrunk tube on the wires again but making sure the colors were correct this time. Then I used a long extension to push the harness back into the alternator. It wasn't too bad, just a little tight getting down in there to twist the wires together before soldering.
While soldering, i unrolled a long lead of solder so that I could work it back and forth on the solder gun from up top. Held onto the soldergun/wand with my fingertips down and to the wire where I fed the solder onto the tip with it touching the bare parts of the joint and just worked the tip back and forth on the joint. Hope that makes sense lol.