Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hit a hidden huge pothole several weeks back. Now I think I have a small leak in my passanger side rear tire because the TPMS keeps telling me I have a flat tire. Is this something that might be covered warranty wise or even AAA? I have about 1200 miles on the MO, and it will be a year old in March. I have filled the tire probably every other week so I know that it wasn't just because of the colder weather we have had lately. If I have to "bite the bullet" and buy a new tire should I actually buy 2 to balance out the old/new tire ratio? Thanks for any input.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
That's a slow leak, maybe picked up a nail. I hope your rim isn't bent
from the pothole ,might have a bead leak.

A reputable tire shop should fix you up.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
sounds like a nail to me too.

I had the strangest thing happen once in another car though--just as you, I hit a pothole and a few days later I saw it was low.
I filled it up and sure enough it came back like you. Ended up being where the wheel weight had chewed into my bead screwing up the bead seal. I had never seen that before.
 

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
Joined
·
5,100 Posts
Hate those clip on weights, Love those stick on weights, on the inside up next to the "Spokes" and hidden behind the spokes and counter weighted so that the balance is still "Perfect" PLUS those Alloy rims hate clip-ons anyway. GRIP :D
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
2,065 Posts
I was just out lookin at my Mo when I thought of something....tire valve core loose? That could be it. Just get a little bit of dishwashing liquid on your finger and get it wet and wipe over the top of the valve stem and watch the bubble. No growing bubble=not the valve core.
Just a thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I guess I ran over a small crescent metal piece. The service people were really pretty cool. They seemed more intersted in asking me about the MO than anything else, and were amazed with how much a new tire would cost. All together it cost me $13.25 for them to patch the small hole. The guy said it just barely went through the whole way and that is why it didn't go flat faster. On a somewhat humorous note he told me that I would have to read the owners manual to find out how to make the flat tire light go out. He thought it was either turning the key off and on in several combinations or by pressing the petals. I said in a polite way that it will go away after I drive it a short distance. I think he was kind of shocked that I knew.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
719 Posts
Milkman said:
He thought it was either turning the key off and on in several combinations or by pressing the petals. I said in a polite way that it will go away after I drive it a short distance. I think he was kind of shocked that I knew.
Keep reading this board, and that "transfer of knowledge" to the service people who work on your Murano will continue to amaze you!

I'm almost always more well informed than the service people!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Screwed!

I've had to air up the front right tire a couple of times the past week and half. First time, I didn't think much of it. But, after airing it up tonight I decided it was time to take a closer look.

First I thought it was just a nail.



Until I decided to get a close-up with the camera! Eeek, gads! What are the chances?



I'll head to the tire place first thing in the morning.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
115 Posts
I had same problem with rear driver side tire.....I took it to Doobs Tires. Charged me 20 bucks and patched it in 10 mins.....it was worth it. Like you said they were pretty amazed with Tire pressure monitor on dash and well....they couldnt find the lug key....so i had to help them out....

"Where ever MO's goes, they create waves"

Thats a pretty cool line.....ill make that my signature line....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
Can't wait until MO Dale's pictures show up! I am quite curious now....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
175 Posts
I had one of those last year MO Dale, it kinda looked like a stone stuck in the tread and was hard to see. It'll be an easy repair as it went straight in.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Eric L. said:
Can't wait until MO Dale's pictures show up! I am quite curious now....
The pictures are in my Gallery.

It seems the picture links in many of my more recent posts broke when the forum went down, and have not returned. The code looks fine if I go to edit the message. Also, a lot of the pictures aren't showing when you click the thumbnails either, or you might get slightly smaller version, but not be able to see the full-size one (not that there's a huge difference). I suppose it is still being worked on. Has anyone else noticed the same problem? Do I need to remove them and re-post?

I've always posted my photos to the gallery here instead of an outside hosting site to help ensure their viewability over the life of the forum. I guess that theory is out the window! :(
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,402 Posts
I think the picture in the post feature was affected by the recent server disk crash. I would not worry about it - future picture posts should work when this feature is restored.

About your picture - very literally a "screwed" tire! I enjoyed the pun. :D

-Eric

MO Dale said:


The pictures are in my Gallery.

It seems the picture links in many of my more recent posts broke when the forum went down, and have not returned. The code looks fine if I go to edit the message. Also, a lot of the pictures aren't showing when you click the thumbnails either, or you might get slightly smaller version, but not be able to see the full-size one (not that there's a huge difference). I suppose it is still being worked on. Has anyone else noticed the same problem? Do I need to remove them and re-post?

I've always posted my photos to the gallery here instead of an outside hosting site to help ensure their viewability over the life of the forum. I guess that theory is out the window! :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
282 Posts
Trev said:
I had one of those last year MO Dale, it kinda looked like a stone stuck in the tread and was hard to see. It'll be an easy repair as it went straight in.
Hey, Trev! Yeah, McKnight's Tire was great! Said it wasn't anything unsual. They pulled the tire off, patched, plugged, and sent me on my way for $12.95.

Just another minor inconvenience of life...like death and taxes. One of those is hopefully a lot later in my life! :D
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top