Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I have notice a few of the members have debadged their vehicles. I am seeking feedback on the pros and cons for this modification. This is one of the things that make me go hmmmm. :confused:

njmo

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
njmo

Do you remember the "famous and infamous" line from the Movie?

Well that's how I feel.. It's a personal thing. GRIP :D

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I agree. It is a personal thing and personally, I would not do that. Then again, I have not yet seen a debadged MO so I am not sure what it looks like.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
I would not do it. Usually debadging is to set you apart with all the other identical models of your vehicle. The Murano, while popular, isn't at the one parked on every block status the Highlander or Pilot is yet, so its up to you.

·
Registered
470 Posts
I find the badging very well done and not a distraction so I would leave it as is.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I de-badged mine just for fun.

It's fun to see people walking around the vehicle in parking lots trying to find the name. :2:

I will admit this happens a lot less now then it did as there are a lot more Mo's around now.

One possible downside I recently discovered/thought about. When we do our every other year smog checks here in Wisconsin, we have to drive on to a dynometer for a test where the vehicle is actually running and being measured under load. (My first one will be coming up later this year.)

Wonder what would happen with my AWD if someone accidentally drove onto a two wheel dynometer, and started driving? Would the rear wheels kick in immediately and shoot me off the front? I can see having an argument with the technician about "no it's an awd and has to use the 4 wheel dyno".

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is some interesting feedback. Did not think of the inspection dyno issue but yes that is a concern. I am usually so distracted when I go through inspection because of front window tint and strangers driving my vehicle that I would forget to tell them about the AWD.

I kind of like the badges. They are like medals. I also am starting to take a liking to the front grille. Go figure... Personal preference is a wierd thing sometimes.

njmo

·
Registered
763 Posts
I debadge all my vehicles because I like cleaner lines, its easirer to clean and I don't have to worry about wax build up. That sounds like an ear problem.

Plus I know what I am driving, its like the dealer putting a sticker or a license plate on the car which is a pet peve of mine.

Like dk said it is fun to have people look at your vehicle & try to figure out what it is. :D

We don't have smog or smog checks here in KC, but I have thought about the day I would ever have to have the MO towed that I would have to stress the flat bed route.

·
Registered
281 Posts
I debadged my white MO and seen Grips platinum MO and I like the clean unadorned look.I left on the Nissan emblem.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Another reason to de-badge--kids sometimes like to steal badges around here (norcal). When they do it, they usually will scratch your paint! If you do it yourself and take your time you can be sure that your paint will be okay!

·
Registered
470 Posts
It is interesting some like to take off the badges to give the car that clean look while others add stripes, bumper guards, and side rails to add to the clutter. I guess that is why the car comes in 8 colors, we don't all see things the same way.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Cryogenix

I like your approach to this topic and have the same preferences as you do. :2:

Can you post a pic of the rear of your Mo as I am now contemplating removing just the Nissan emblem. I kind of like the other badges because of the reasons you mentioned.

Never really thought of selectively debadging but I know I would get a kick out of seeing folks try to figure out who makes a AWD SL without seeing the Nissan advertisement on the rear.

njmo

·
Registered
281 Posts
I am looking into using a Sentra or Altima Nissan emblem. Sentra being smaller than Altima and Altima smaller than MO.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Cryo - aren't there 2 post holes under the Nissan badge?

If there are, how did you fill them? :confused:

·
Registered
281 Posts
According to the Nissan catalog it is adhesive.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Mopar I was just going off of memory, I thought Enforcer (the first mod) had tried this & ended up using a Z emblem to cover the holes.

Off course he owned a white Z & others were calling the MO the Z of the SUV world! :D

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
WE DON'T NEED NO STEENKIN BADGES!

I still have my badge and never thought about removing it.
But for those of you who are hell bent on removing it, check out the Stinking Badge Homepage.

http://www.darryl.com/badges/

"Badges? We ain't got no badges. We don't need no badges.
I don't have to show you any stinking badges!"

--Gold Hat, as played by Alfonso Bedoya
"The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" (1948)

Bob1

·
Registered
26 Posts
There are no holes under the Nissan badge. All the ones on the back are double sided tape.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Generally speaking I like de-badging. In the Muranos case I am not sure, I am still on the fence. I think it is a bit TOO plain without the badging. I considered for a minute taking off the SE on the right side and cutting the Murano down to Mo on the left. But that may be a little ghey.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts