Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
It looks like it has power folding mirrors and also the mirrors will point down when put in reverse for parking...am I right? If someone can read japanese it sure would be cool if they could post a pic of each item and then translate what it is and some of the details. One thing I am particularly curious about is that retractable antenna lookin thing near the front driver side headlight.

·
Registered
719 Posts
Since all Muranos are made in Japan, whay do you think are the odds that all that stuff would bolt right up to our "North American" versions?

I really like the folding mirrors and their NAV!

·
Registered
282 Posts
jaycen29 said:
One thing I am particularly curious about is that retractable antenna lookin thing near the front driver side headlight.
It's a marker, so you have a better idea where the corner is. It'd be cool, since I'm always two feet too far back in the parking garage. Mercedes used to have these on the S-Class sedan rear fenders. They'd pop-up when in reverse.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They have a lot of fun things... I checked all of them and...
They have a CCD system so you can see the clearance in the back and side also. They have another CCD cams mounted in front bumper, so you can see both side without sticking your head into street too much... they need that in Japan, because the most of the small back roads do not have side walks. Folding mirror is remote cont. side marker is cute too. Remote control key is like Lexsus.. if you have them on you, it works.... I think all of them can be adopted to US models... one thing... the driver is on right side so some may not work.....
If any body is interested in translation of particular item, let me know... I can read Japanese.... Also, if there are enough people want some items, I can get my friend to buy them and ship them here.

·
Registered
542 Posts
I would love the folding mirrors. Do you think all that CCD stuff would be able to be adapted to our cars.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Like I wrote.. the driver side is on right so the CCD camera is mounted on left mirror.... Of course you can try to remove it and mount it on right mirror.... but .....

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I also believe, firmware must be different from US versions. I don't know wheter firmware upgrade is currently offered from Nissan or not... A lot of stuff is firmware dependent, so I am sure the firmware must be updated before you can use those accesories.

·
Registered
275 Posts
yoyash said:
They have a lot of fun things... I checked all of them and...
They have a CCD system so you can see the clearance in the back and side also. They have another CCD cams mounted in front bumper, so you can see both side without sticking your head into street too much... they need that in Japan, because the most of the small back roads do not have side walks. Folding mirror is remote cont. side marker is cute too. Remote control key is like Lexsus.. if you have them on you, it works.... I think all of them can be adopted to US models... one thing... the driver is on right side so some may not work.....
If any body is interested in translation of particular item, let me know... I can read Japanese.... Also, if there are enough people want some items, I can get my friend to buy them and ship them here.
Hey! I wonder what company makes the NAV kit? I wonder if we coud make it work in the USA. If it worked and we could get maps, how much would it cost?

http://www.nissan.co.jp/EN/navi.html

Matthew

·
Registered
542 Posts
Hey Yoyash, what do they say about the sport horn, and the foglights. Are those HID fogs? on that marker thing by the headlight I guess that would need to go by our passenger headlight. Wonder if it would work.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Yoyash can you tell me what these are?

Attachments

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
OK... for
fog-lite... it is not a foglite..it is a illumination around foglite to enhance the looks...like angel light for BMW

sports horn... they don't say much about it... just another horn with different tone... did not say how loud or anything

The first and second picture is ETC system adaptor...ETC is the toll paying system in Japan for turnpikes...It is an automatic prepaid type system...

Third one is a parking support system, they call,...the pic is a charging stand with remote unit... this parking support system is integrated with car theft alarm which can alart the incident remotely. They also integrated mirror retracting, parking clearnace warning and mirror points downward when in reverse. The fourth picture is an antenna for that...

Fifth one is a remote starter with feed back system... remotely start, stop defog, lock unlock... with theft alarm...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The side marker post ... I think you can put it on left side of the bumper... only thing... the wire may not be long enough...

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By the way, the small triangle icon with Japanese on right lower side of the each parts picture is the redirection icon for detail and more pictures.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
DVD Car-nav has VICS system integrated... Japan use only...

It sure looks better than the one we got here...

1 - 20 of 59 Posts