Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for one of those nice, simple covers. Something like the WeatherTech one here:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/prodsearch.asp?item_group_id=25

But that one is $30 plus another $8 just for shipping! :eek:

I bought a crappy $8 one at the local Schucks, but it looks like crap and doesn't fit that well.

Anyone have any other ideas? Any you have tried and like? And what did you do about the front "top-half-only" plate holder (if you're in a stupid state like mine that requires a front plate)?

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Corin said:
Looking for one of those nice, simple covers. Something like the WeatherTech one here:

I bought a crappy $8 one at the local Schucks, but it looks like crap and doesn't fit that well.

Anyone have any other ideas? Any you have tried and like? And what did you do about the front "top-half-only" plate holder (if you're in a stupid state like mine that requires a front plate)?
Man, that's a lot of loot for that cover.

I really feel for you MO Owners (MOWNERS?) who are required to have a front plate. I think a front plate really trashes the oncoming look.

Oh well, I guess that's one benefit of living in PA.

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I went ahead and bought the WeatherTech plate cover just to try it out. It's definitely nice, one of the nicest plate covers I've seen, but was it worth $38? I don't think so. I'd gladly pay $20, maybe even $25, but not $38. Oh well. What the hell, right? :rolleyes:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The front actually has some "brushed stainless steel" but it probably would have looked nicer to just get plain black.

Attachments

·
Registered
132 Posts
I'm thinking about getting billet grilles installed (upper for the hood and lower in the bumper), but not sure on the lower anymore. Of course, Texas requires a front plate, but there are enough cars out there without them that I was considering just not using it... So...

I took off the license plate to see how it's mounted and have two huge screw holes in the front of my bumper! Not sure how to get around that! Oh well... :1pat:

Lil' Bit

·
Registered
982 Posts
Corin said:

Hey Corin... are you still happy with the weather tech plate cover? Do you recommend it? In the picture I notice I can't read your plate... is there a clear shield that comes with it so you can't read the plate in pictures?

Thanks, TheKid

·
Premium Member
2,226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Re: Re: Options for License Plate Covers?

TheGymKid said:

Hey Corin... are you still happy with the weather tech plate cover? Do you recommend it? In the picture I notice I can't read your plate... is there a clear shield that comes with it so you can't read the plate in pictures?

Thanks, TheKid
It has a clear platic cover, supposedly water-tight, so that your license plate never gets dirty (just the plastic cover, which washes off very easily). You can't see the license number because I wiped it out of the picture. Nothing special about the plastic cover, the plate shows up clearly.

I stand by what I said earlier. It's a good cover. I like it. Seems built well. But not really worth $38.

I bought a different one for the rear plate. Not quite as nice, but it was cheaper. I can't remember exactly where or how much it was, I'd have to look it up tonight if you're interested.

·
Registered
982 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Options for License Plate Covers?

Corin said:

It has a clear platic cover, supposedly water-tight, so that your license plate never gets dirty (just the plastic cover, which washes off very easily). You can't see the license number because I wiped it out of the picture. Nothing special about the plastic cover, the plate shows up clearly.

I stand by what I said earlier. It's a good cover. I like it. Seems built well. But not really worth $38.

I bought a different one for the rear plate. Not quite as nice, but it was cheaper. I can't remember exactly where or how much it was, I'd have to look it up tonight if you're interested.
Thanks for the Info... I'll just pick up a cheap one for the front. I'm tired of looking at the car dealerships name on it. My back one says.... NEW YORK GIANTS on it !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts