Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings, all!

I've been lurking in this group for a while and want to thank everybody for all of the excellent advice and knowledge that can be learned here.

Well, after over a year of researching, I ordered my '05 MO yesterday. After talking to a couple of dealers, I decided to go through CarsDirect. I built the exact vehicle that I want on their website and submitted the request for the vehicle. They called and offered to search for the vehicle but I asked if I could just do a straight factory order for their quoted price. They said sure and we locked everything in. They said, normally, it would take about 8 weeks but, due to a steel shortage in Japan, it might be a little longer.

Here's what I ordered:
2005 Murano SL AWD, Midnight Blue Pearl/Cafe Latte, SL Touring, Dynamic Control, Chrome Wheels, Sirius SAT radio, Wood-Tone trim, Splash Guards, Carpeted Floor Mats, Sunroof Wind Deflector, Cargo Area Protector.

How'd I do? :6:

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Eeeexcelent.....

Welcome to the forum.
And following Steve from Dell commercial:
" Dude..you are getting a murano " :2:

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
*two thumbs up!*

Be sure to let us know what you think about the wood tone trim. As you may have read already, you're going to love this SUZ.

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Nice job. I sent an e-mail to CarsDirect a while ago asking when they would have the 2005 posted on their site and whether they would do a factory order for me if they couldn't find my configuration in stock.

They wrote right back to me explaining that it would take some time before they had the 2005 on the site, but never answered my question about a factory order.

So I ordered my MO from a dealer, and less than a week later the 2005 was up on CarsDirect.com... :rolleyes:

Oh well. Can't compain, I'm getting what I want, and for slightly less than the CarsDirect.com price. I had to spend a little bit of extra effort, and I have to go to Bremerton to pick it up, but oh well.

I've never heard anything bad about CarsDirect, and it's a pretty cool business model as well as a very user-friendly site that doesn't make you sign up for an account (that always annoys me). Once you get your vehicle, you should let us all know how the overall experience was.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Think thats the first "Wood Tone Trim" that will be on the forum, can't wait for pictures!

·
4,664 Posts
Re: Eeeexcelent.....

SugarRushMurano said:
Welcome to the forum.
And following Steve from Dell commercial:
" Dude..you are getting a murano " :2:
Haven't seen him around lately... Oh yeah, I forgot.

"Dude, you're busted!"

Congrats! I hear these Murano things are pretty nice cars. Anyone heard anything about them? ;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Dude

Dude was gettin a dime bag instead of a Dell.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for all the replies, guys!

Corin,

When I first talked to the CarsDirect guy on the phone, he said that he is supposed to at least try to do a search for a vehicle that matches my specs but, after seeing that I wanted the Wood-Tone trim, he said that he knows that he wouldn't find one and said (after talking to his supervisor) that he could go ahead and do the straight factory order.

Back in 2001, I helped my computer-illiterate son order a car through CarsDirect and it was the most hassle-free car purchase that I'd ever seen. Saved him big bucks compared to dealer quotes on his Mercury Grand Marquis. Hopefully, this purchase will work just as well.

The dealer sales people that I talked to all said that they could beat the CarsDirect price by "a couple of hundred dollars" BUT, if the MO was found any distance away, I would have to pay to have it shipped from there. When I asked how much that would cost, they answered, "Probably a couple of hundred bucks". Duh.:confused:

I can't wait to get my new MO!

·
Premium Member
2,243 Posts
Ha! :D

Thanks for the input. That's a similar feeling that I've gotten from other people who have ordered through CarsDirect. Certainly nice to be completely hassle-free with a good price. Saves a lot of time talking to different dealerships to figure out where you can get the best deal for the least amount of pain involved...

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Sure sounds nice!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sgt Rich,

I assume that the CarsDirect price excludes sales tax and documentation fees. Are there any other add-ins beyond these (advertising fees or other vague fees)?

Thanks,

Eric

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Eric,

According to the CarsDirect guy that I'm dealing with (as well as what I remember about my son's CarsDirect purchase), the only things that the CarsDirect price doesn't include are taxes, license and title fees.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts