Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On July 15, I ordered a PAC adapter from Virtual Outlook, the online seller listed in the classified section. As for today July 30, the item has not shipped yet, and I have received emails about supplier delays. I am not ready to tell people not buy from this place yet, but I am getting frustrated this is taking so long. On the day I ordered it (and even today i think) the item is shown as being in stock when in fact it is not.

I will keep people up to date on how it goes.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If they are waiting to get a order from PAC, you will probably be waiting for a while. They are out and do not have a definate day when more will be available.

JT
jtaudioacc.com

·
Nissan Enthusiast
197 Posts
I would cancel that order and place another with audiowarehose @ 201-368-2632. This is a smaller operation and at least you can talk to a real person who can tell you the real deal about shipping the product and availability.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Recieved an update yesterday that the item will be in stock this upcoming week. I heard this story last week....I hope it is true.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
Eric L , kindly update us on the status..

I almost made the PO for this PAC adapter last weekend. When i saw your thread, i immediately change my mind. Their website says "in stock: yes", but turns out that they are just trying to lurk custiomer and charge their credit card even the item is not in stock.
I maybe buy it from other stores.
Plan to buy before this weekend.

·
4,664 Posts
Well that sucks, and I expect it is the case that it's out of stock as I got mine very quickly.

Of course, it's just been sitting on my desk, as I've been away for a week....

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Aug 4 update - 20 days after I submitted my order, the item shipped today. I will report on the install in a week or so.

VIrtual Outlook has a good price, so I would recommend emailing the merchant to make sure it is really in stock before ordering. The emails have always been very friendly, and if it really was a delay at PAC itself, then there is nothing that can be done about it (other than listing it "out of stock").

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aug 10 update - PAC adapter arrived today (after 25 days). Will post details on the installation when I get to it this weekend.

·
4,664 Posts
Good stuff...

Here, I'll save you the trouble, if you're curious what it looks like inside:

Attachments

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Hey Jaak,

To borrow from the other thread we have going, how about showing us which wires to splice into on the PAC for your RS232 I/O circuit? Seems like just as good a place as any to staple on your ongoing efforts!

·
4,664 Posts
Let's see... My magic 8 Ball says "Red Wire" on the SAT connector. (Not to be confused with the lone red wire that goes to the jumper harness, but that is +12v that you'll need for the voltage regulator.

You'll also need to get a ground off the shield on the SAT connector, which looks like a black wire, but just has some heat shrink tubing covering it, and is between the two wires that actually are black.

·
Major Geek
638 Posts
Just +12v? I was looking for the N-Bus TX line coming out of the radio going to the SAT harness. Or did they not wire that up to the harness knowing that they're not doing anything with it? Or are they? How else could they switch between inputs using the Preset A/B/C button.. hmm...

That makes this interesting then.. if they *are* using N-Bus data to select the input pair, then will you be able to pull a copy of the N-Bus data off to your circuit? Does that mean that if I build your RS-232 circuit to adapt some MP3 playing software to take radio button-presses, I won't be able to piggyback your circuit onto a PAC Audio kit? Have you seen any suitable "tap points" on the PAC Circuit for pulling off a copy of the N-Bus data? And finally, what do you think the chances are that you'll find a touchpoint where they already parse the N-Bus data, making your add-on circuit much simpler?

I know.. questions, questions, questions :)

·
4,664 Posts
I'm sorry, I wasn't clear in my description! There's a red wire that goes into the connector that connects where the SAT harness is plugged in, that is the data coming from the radio. The other red wire is power from the jumper. They're not the same red wire.

Just like the three black wires, the one in the middle isn't really a black wire, in a way, and that's the ground.

Confused further?

I'd do a picture, but I have to go see someone at a hospital...

·
Registered
41 Posts
Can this pac converter be used if you have a SAT radio in your MO/

·
4,664 Posts
No, because it emulates a SAT receiver, so the two will collide.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Thanks Jaak. So it is either SAT or the other stuff but not both?

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Installed the pac adapter today. No problems taking apart the center HVAC console, but for the life of me I could not get the CD lock mechanism to work. The instructions say to push one of the CD selector buttons (I assume its 1-6) and then press and hold until the mechanism locks. I pressed and nothing! It was unlikely moving it half a foot would cause a great shock to the system anyways (I've hit speed bumps harder).

The product works exactly as advertised and I was surprised that my radio presets remained even after switching to the aux input.

One curious finding is that disconnecting one of the HVAC connectors turns off the key in ignition "beep beep beep." (Yeah I know I should have disconnected the (-) batt cable).

OH AND BE CAREFUL OF YOUR DISPLAY SCREEN. I MANAGED TO SLIGHTLY NICK MINE WHEN I TURNED THE ENTIRE UNIT UP AND WAS YANKING AT THE CONNECTORS. LOTS OF SHARP METAL EDGES BEHIND THE CONSOLE.

Good luck everyone!

·
4,664 Posts
JEME said:
Thanks Jaak. So it is either SAT or the other stuff but not both?
Yes, the Pac unit emulates a SAT receiver. If Pac emulated a CD changer, then they could have it work at the same time. Of course the extra connector would have to be added as well.

Sorry it's a bit late Eric, but I found that putting a towel or something on the console to protect things, it was possible to turn the radio face down and get access to the connectors on the back. I expect this would depend on how much slack your particular Murano has, in the wiring harnesses.

It's basically the same process as plugging in the Sat harness for the 2003 Murano, as shown on my web site.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts