Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI Everyone,

I'm Pickles from North Georgia. I bought a 2004 Murano SL, Glacier Pearl White on March 5th. I absolutely love it. Its a great car, already put about 600 miles on it. I have a question, Does anyone know if there is a site or some way you can find out exactly what was on the "window sticker?" I've bought 3 brand new cars and I've always looked at the window sticker to see exactly what is equipped in the car. This one had 33,000 miles on it but it drives like a dream, got a 100,000 bumper to bumper warranty. I've tried to do the "carfax" but with my old computer, it doesn't want to work.

If anyone could help me, I sure would appreciate it; and another thing, when I crank the car AWD comes up with all the other little icons but this car doesn't have AWD.

I love this site, so glad I found it. Thanks again,:p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
29 Posts
You might contact Nissan directly. After purchasing my Wrangler, I wanted to know the same thing. I emailed them the request and they sent it to me within a couple of days.

Good luck finding that information.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HI Nv Lady again,

Its me again... I tried going to nissanusa.com and that didn't work. what was the email address if you still have it. The web site told me to contact the dealer, tried that.

Thanks again, :p :p

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Pickles,

That experience was with my Jeep. I did find the following contact info that you can try. This is from their website:

Please contact us if you have questions about Nissan, Nissan vehicles, or Nissan dealers. If you need immediate assistance, please call (800) NISSAN-1 or contact your nearest Nissan dealer.
Nissan Consumer Affairs
P.O. Box 191
Gardena, CA 90248
(800) NISSAN-1 (or 800-647-7261)
9:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. Eastern / Central Time
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Pacific Time
Monday through Friday

·
Registered
281 Posts
With American cars you can go to the dealer and ask a service manager for a build sheet using the VIN. I've done this numerious times when buying a used vehicle to find out all the options,they print it out right there.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Go back to the dealer and ask for your "Moroney".
That's what they call it. According to the salesman I got my MO from, it is more or less a requirement that the customer get his "Moroney" for the vehicle.

Don't know if this is an industry, Nissan, or just a dealership thing.

In fact, ours got torn as it was being removed during prep. The dealer gave us a brand-new, pristine "Moroney" that I have in my MO folder.

Oh, "Moroney" is pronounced like in "Phony Moroney" from "Night of a Thousand Dances".

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, I went back to dealer and asked for the "maroney" He did know what it was but he couldn't do it. He said, Was it in the dashboard?? So, I just sent Nissan a letter today and asked for it. Wanted a copy of all the things like maintenance they did to it before I got it too. All it printed out was "Used Truck Detail", "Certified Check" and Front Brake Job. Don't know if they did a 35,000 mile check up or what. It had 33,000 miles on it when I got it. I also wanted a history on it or carfax but they wouldn't do that either.

I guess I was asking too much.:eek: :(

1 - 8 of 8 Posts