Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have searched back this thread 75 days only to see Zaino postings.
Has anyone used any other wax/polish brands that they can report results.
Mcguires Gold ect.? I'm shocked that many brands no longer appear in the stores. A few years back there were dozens and now I see about three. Mothers, Mcguires and the old standbys like Turtle wax. Anyone have anything to report other than the Zaino postings. Looks like you guys are sold on Zaino but I'm just sniffing for opinions before my first wax job.
Thanks Bob1

·
Registered
117 Posts
i am a huge fan of Klasse All In One,
it is similar to Zaino, as it lasts about 6 months
(a full year if you also apply the High Gloss sealant)
Klasse All In One (AIO) cleans, polishes, and protects your paint,
all in a wipe on, wipe off, no real drying time.
very easy to use, and i love the results.

-Nerf

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone using Griot's? I have not, but have heard rave reviews from a coworker. He has been using them for years on BMWs and Porches.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I have always used Meguires products on my cars. I like to use their paint restore potion as a 1st coat to remove any oxidation and grime (after a good cleaning, of course).

Then I use their Gold product to seal in all the work I just did.

Apply the Gold sparingly and it'll come off quite nice. I've used it on my old '68 Camaro, my clear coated cars and trucks and even on the frame of my MX bike. I think it works great.

Stay away from the pastes as they are a pain in the but to get looking good.

J

·
Registered
360 Posts
Satin Glow

I use Satin Glow. On the MO, the Cruiser, the Town Ride, the truck, and, believe it or don't, the tractors.

Goes on easy. Shines up real easy and nice. It's a decent bug & tar remover. I have also noticed that, with the Satin Glow on, bugs come off easier. Even love bugs.

I used to have a fit with other waxes getting on rubber trim around the windows and such. With Satin Glow, I purposely get a bit on the rubber and rub it in/off with a towel. Keeps it looking new and it doesn't turn white.

Got turned on to the stuff by a Vette owner who didn't like the hassles of Meguire's, Mother's, Zaino, T'Wax, and Klasse.

A good going over with this stuff (takes about 45 minutes) lasts a good six months.

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
I also used mequiairs car wash and wax product ...

I know it is not easy to find the complete product line of mequairs at local autozone/wallmart/advance auto parts.

I usually buy them online at: http://www.meguiars.com/
If you buy alltogether, i think it saves money

Of course Klase or Zaino product is superior, but the are a b*tch to apply :)... You have to be patient. I dont have the time, personally

·
Registered
117 Posts
Re: Satin Glow

I also used mequiairs car wash and wax product ...
I know it is not easy to find the complete product line of mequairs at local autozone/wallmart/advance auto parts.

I usually buy them online at: http://www.meguiars.com/
If you buy alltogether, i think it saves money

Of course Klase or Zaino product is superior, but the are a b*tch to apply ... You have to be patient. I dont have the time, personally

Klasse = a b*itch to apply?

i find it the easiest product to use,
wipe on, wait like 5 seconds, wipe off.
how hard is that?

i agree the High Gloss Sealant is a little more complicated,
wipe on, wait 1 hour, wipe off, but you can also wait longer, and it will buff off even easier (i usually wait overnight).

but the klasse AIO, is very easy to use, protects the paint great, and lasts 6 months!

its fine if you prefer other products, but be careful not to mislead others.

(Note: post is not intended to be a personal attack in any way)

-Nerf

·
Just wanna help
1,403 Posts
oopss sorry, my bet... only zaino is difficult to use

I dont mean to mislead some people.

:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
as uncaDanno's product he uses, I use Collinite #845 for it's non whitening on plastic trim. It lasts a year if you use it twice in a month or two. It is a b1tch to get to lay down if you use too much. I did my top rails the other day and it took a dime size blob for both sides.
I use it on the underside of the bumpers where it is a dark grey/brown color--whatever you call it. I will not turn white, period. I have used everything and this is the slickest stuff I have ever felt. It is carnuba blended with other secret stuff, feels wet when dry.

:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
wax

McQuires Sratch X for swirl removal and McQuires Gold glass for shine

Perrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfect MO!!!!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Went down to auto and department chain stores looking for something that would be easy and look nice. Still baffled at the lack of quality wax on the shelf. I was hellbent on waxing that car today and did not want to wait for anything to arrive via mail order. They did have and I did buy the Mcguires Gold. I went with jasondeno's advice and bought the liquid and not the paste. Really easy on and off. Looks great. I like to experiment and I will pick up some other wax brands mentioned in this thread and see how they stack up and compare. Excuse me now while I put on the sun glasses and look at the car shining in the brilliant sunshine. The MO will turn some heads today!
Bob1

·
Registered
45 Posts
try p21 paintwork cleansing lotion and carnauba wax. p21 products are really nice and work great on my BMW

·
Premium Member
2,065 Posts
If you notice, I was up there talkin bout collinite.

But as I saw, there are a lot of folks using different things, so, I said, "to each their own".

:)

·
Registered
758 Posts
geshaw30 or mgthe3

Do you know the difference between the 845 and 870 Liquid Fleetwax? There is no description of the 845 on the website provided by geshaw30.

Edited by PCS15394 - Never mind, went to the Collanite website and found the answer.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Meguiars Gold Class wax really has a fantastic shine. Unfortunately for all the high falluting props on the bottle description, the wax is not very durable. It is still a good wax though, but it lasts a month per application, maximum.

·
5,268 Posts
I've been using Meguiars Liquid Gold Class for some time now. Relatively happy. I have purchased Zaino though. Haven't had time to apply it. Maybe this weekend (lot of work though - Dawn, clay bar, Z1, Z2, Z5....)

Here how is how Meguiars Liquid Gold Class looks on one of my cars: freshly "waxed"

;)

·
Registered
758 Posts
Kris

What a sweet ride. I envy you :15: I love white, looks cleaner alot longer.

·
5,268 Posts
Re: Kris

pcs15394 said:
What a sweet ride. I envy you :15: I love white, looks cleaner alot longer.
Thank you!:)

It was my "better half" choice:D

·
Registered
180 Posts
3M makes some spectacular products for waxing, etc. They're not the easiest products to find but well worth the search time.

1 - 20 of 85 Posts