Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well long story short... traffic was stop and go and for what ever reason I did see the car in front of me stopped right away. Good news was the the MO stopped inches before impact... bad news is that the Honda Accord behind me couldn't stop in time.

I have minor front lisc plate damage (being pushed into the car in front of me) and rear bumper cover damage as well as my right tail pipe is bent to the right (looks so sad). Funny thing is that the hatch is "popped" slightly away from the right tail light so either the hatch will need replacing or the side pf the hatch will need to be reglued to the entior to pull it back in as it appears to have pulled away from the interior plastic. Perhaps more damage will be found once the work starts.

Oh well at least everyone was OK. A sad day in MO history.

·
Registered
3,285 Posts
That's too bad Gonz.
Glad that everybody is ok.

Sounds like a lot of damage. Maybe $4k? or more.

Should be OK when fixed tho.

Homer

·
4,664 Posts
Yeah, it might not be the hatch that's bent... Ouch!

Good to know you're OK and that the braking system in the Murano works well. Too bad Honda didn't implement it in the car behind you, but his insurance can remind him of that come renewal time.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Seems misery likes company.

Had visitors from Ontario last week and they parked their car in the driveway exactly where I told them. Jumped in the MO next day and my friend was so instantly full of questions about the MO that as I I answered him I let the car 'walk' out of the garage ---- straight into his parked car. Of couse it did not help having both wives in the back seat!!

A very gentle nudge. Damage to MO is a few scuffs on rear right corner of bumper down to the black. For his 10yr old Hyundai (200,000km on the clock and yes it made it all the way from Toronto) a nice dent just forward of the front left wheel. Fortunately for me it adds to a number of other dents inflicted on his car by his two daughters over the years so he was not too worked up about it.

Needless to say I am p....d with myself so its off to a body shop tomorrow who specializes in bumper scuffs, or so their yellow page ad claims. :3:

·
Registered
758 Posts
rjardine

Don't be too hard on yourself. I did something very similar. I have a turnaround in my driveway, my nephew parked in front of the turnaround and I backed right into his car without even thinking about it. Force of habit. Luckily I was not in the Murano. His car had the whole passenger rear quarter panel crushed in. My car had a scratch on the bumper. I paid him for the damage after we got several estimates and of course he got rid of the car several months later (with dent still intact).

·
Registered
4,092 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Initial estimates are for $2000 but it will most likekly go up after they start in on it. I'm glad noone was hurt and I've got minor damage. So the MO should be all set by next Friday.

Now the biggest is driving some American POS rental for a week.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Gonzo!

It must be something in the water in the Boston area. I was also rear-ended this morning by a Honda Accord. Lots of rain this morning and I was trying to avoid the vehicle in front of me. ABS worked great and I was able to steer towards the right hand side of the road and avoided him, but the Honda behind me was unable to avoid me.

After pulling over, the first thing I saw when I got out was the damage to the Honda.....YIKES....I was afraid to look at the rear of my MO, but was surprised how good it looked in comparison. Will definitely need a new rear bumper (and I'll be sure to check the hatch opening also), but I'm able to drive it and the Honda needed to be towed away (after we pushed it off the road to get out of traffic.)

Not a great way to start the day, but it could have been a lot worse and no one was injured.

·
Registered
12,664 Posts
The MO has proved time and again to be pretty damn rugged. The structural engineers at Nissan definitely know what they are doing. (Too bad the electronic and audio engineers don't follow their lead.)

-njjoe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts