Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
would like to know the story

would really like to know about the first MO .

How it happened
if there were any serious injuries

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
It was a bit depressing seeing those MOs in that condition. Hopefully the owners escaped serious injury.

However, on the bright side it was good to see the structural integrity of the cabin was not compromised in any of the accidents. I assume the MOs in the first two threads underwent violent accidents since numerous airbags had deployed.

While looks, price and features attracted all of us to the MO, it is nice to know we are driving a safe and protective car.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Re: would like to know the story

donbacca said:
would really like to know about the first MO .

How it happened
if there were any serious injuries
It may have been a roll-over since the driver-side roll-over curtain had deployed and the roof line appears buckled. However, the driver-side glass is still intact so my theory may be wrong.

What are the chances that the owner is a forum member?

-njjoe

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I found it interesting that the first and last MO have salvage titles while the one in the middle (with front end damage) has a clear title......:confused:

·
Registered
161 Posts
njjoe said:
it was good to see the structural integrity of the cabin was not compromised in any of the accidents.
Ditto on that!
Thats the first thing that crossed my mind.

I had my door panels of yesterday and noticed that there are HUGE reinforcement tubes in them, front and rear. I also noticed one all the way across the inside of the dash. I would have to say that in the first link, they did their job.

Waaaaaa!!! Munched MOs :(

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan said:
I found it interesting that the first and last MO have salvage titles while the one in the middle (with front end damage) has a clear title......:confused:
Something definitely sounds fishy. I believe it has a clear title because it is being sold by the original owner and has not been reported to nor scrapped by the insurance company. The owner, for whatever reason, may have elected to not notify the insurance company.

Some unsuspecting buyer will eventually get screwed. Someone knowing the circumstances buys it, repairs it and then sells it with a clean title. The unsuspecting buyer thinks he is getting a low-mileage cream puff, but in reality is getting a worked-over wreck.

I'd be very wary of buying a low-mileage 2004 Black MO SL AWD in the Waukegan, IL area in the next year or so.

-njjoe

·
Registered
161 Posts
njjoe said:
it was good to see the structural integrity of the cabin was not compromised in any of the accidents.
Ditto on that!
Thats the first thing that crossed my mind.

I had my door panels of yesterday and noticed that there are HUGE reinforcement tubes in them, front and rear. I also noticed one all the way across the inside of the dash. I would have to say that in the first link, they did their job.

Waaaaaa!!! Munched MOs :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
What is with the Tire in th back of the Gold One

That tire looks like it blew and was driven a bit.

Maybe we will see footage on Cops TV show.

Did that tire blow and cause the car to hit something?

Or did the tire fail while towing the car?

So many un-answered questions. It's no wonder I can't sleep at night!

Ken D.

·
4,601 Posts
Good source of parts. If I lived near there, I'd request a visit and likely bid.

I wonder if the Navigation is intact.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
That last one....ewwwwww. Looks like they slid the rear out into a bridge abutment going very very fast. Flattened the pure p iss out of the side.
Dang.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The first Murano had a side impact collision on the drivers side (the drivers seat and side curtain airbag and dent on the door are evidence). It may have been a rollover since all the glass was cracked, but there is no roof damage (or scrapes) so I am not positive about the rollover (both side curtains should have gone off if it rolled over, and the passenger one appears to be intact). The right rear wheel appears to be off a Pontiac Aztec! Even on a wrecked Murano, its a bit of an insult.

The second Murano hit something kind of high, perhaps a commercial truck. I can imagine it was making a left lane change and the truck suddenly stopped and it ended up being a panic stop offset collision (thats why only the drivers side hood is damaged). The deployment of the front airbag confirms a frontal collision.

The third Murano appears to have spun out and hit the right rear quarter panel area, causing damage also the right rear wheel and frame damage to the hatch cover. The bumper did not appear to sustain much damage, so its not a rear ender. It is interesting to note that the pictures reveal that SL did not have VDC, so if it was a spin out, VDC may have prevented it.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
ericL the rear wheel in the first murano is actually an old mustang GT wheel. looks really weird on it. sunset beige murano(#3) looks great from the front. and it looks loaded up to. with the SL chrome wheels and the wood interior. i wonder how much it is to get a tailgate and rear quarter panel put in.

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
nissanlove said:
ericL the rear wheel in the first murano is actually an old mustang GT wheel. looks really weird on it. sunset beige murano(#3) looks great from the front. and it looks loaded up to. with the SL chrome wheels and the wood interior. i wonder how much it is to get a tailgate and rear quarter panel put in.
Well, it has a salvage title so the insurance has figured it would cost at least 75% of its market value to fix it.

My guess: probably $5,000 will fix it right.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
zebelkhan said:

Well, it has a salvage title so the insurance has figured it would cost at least 75% of its market value to fix it.

My guess: probably $5,000 will fix it right.
75%? I was under the impression that the deciding factor was 50% of the market value.

-njjoe

·
4,601 Posts
Who cares... If you had an SL without Nav and leather, it might be a deal just for the parts!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts