Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wednesday evening we picked up our new Murano. I haven't yet had a chance to do more than local driving, so all I can say is that first impressions are highly positive.

We got a 2004 SL AWD Super Black with Charcoal Leather; SL Touring Package, VDC, Floor Mats, Splash Guards, Cargo Area Protector, and Sunroof Wind Deflector. MSRP $35,710. We leased at invoice, $32,558.

We made our deal on October 18 for a November delivery.

We bought from Frost Nissan in Newton. Nissan of Natick had offered us $100 below invoice, but chose Frost for convenience and because we liked the salesman, David D'Amore. After we made the deal, a couple other dealerships got back to us offering $300-$400 below invoice.

Anyone dealing with Frost Nissan should be aware that the Sales Manager is untrustworthy. We went to sign the deal having gotten a telephone commitment for invoice pricing that our salesman said he had cleared with his manager. When the time came to sign, however, the Sales Manager wanted substantially more. He came around only after I threatened to complain to the Attorney General's Consumer Protection Bureau.

David G.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Congrats and bummer about the sales manager. Hopefully there is another dealership you can get it serviced at and don't forget about the survey Nissan will be sending you. The sales manager obviously did!

·
Registered
17 Posts
David,as a fellow stuck in "Romney Land",i can highly recommend the Kelley group,as in Nissan of Lynnfield .Service department is newley enlarged and they have 20 technicians on at all times .Very good waiting room ,and have never heard anything bad about the dealership as a whole ,i may be slightly partial to them .........but can tell you through 3 purchases over the years have not had a ounce of trouble with them ............even did the first 3,000 mile service and took care of a couple minor problems for nada zip zero dinero :1: .....and to top it off gave me a loaner for the day without me even asking for it :cool:

·
El Pomidoro!
30 Posts
What a small world... my parents bought their 98 max from Kelley in Lynnfield and so did a pharmacist I worked with (2k max). Greetings from Florida :D

Leo

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
We once bought an Infiniti from Kelly. They are top notch, but too far from Newton to make their service department an option. For warranty service, we'll give Frost a try. There's no reason to think it will take after the sales manager rather than the salesman. Otherwise, we're satisfied customers of Brookline Foreign Motors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,

Just got my 2004 Pewter SE AWD, with Touring Package, Dynamic Control Package and Navigation, two weeks ago.

Enjoying it a lot and no problems so far.
I washed/waxed it with the Zaino kit yesterday.
Also put on Weathertech Lampgards for the headlights and the rear bumper guard.
I'm considering the side mouldings and front tube bar... Anybody have thoughts?

DavidG- I bought my car at Frost Nissan also. I dealt with Leo Grabe but mostly Sales Manager Dan Faivre. No problems, they even honored the old 2003 price we'd agreed on for the new 2004.

Having been to the Frost service center in West Newton to pick up some add-ons, I'd say I was not impressed at all, actually seems a little scary there. The staff seems overworked, crude and doesn't seem to care. I didn't see any hint of them taking pride in their work...
I was thinking of going to the Natick dealer, their service center is brand new and has more bays.

Attachments

·
Registered
17 Posts
Only 2 suggestions for my fellow members ,may want to think about the front end a little bit ,winter is upon us ,bug deflector a must for 2 reasons .buffeting with windows down almost nill.as upposed to without the deflector .and #2 stone chips from sand .i know i should be shot for this but we ALL know it's coming .think about the 3m invisible shielding kit or the equivelent.hey it sure can't hurt:D

·
Registered
10 Posts
the same thing happened to me in october (price over the phone, than the sales manager ups the ante) at geiss nissan in weschester county, ny. ended up with a pretty good deal - under invoice- for an 03 se awd pewter with charcoal. but not what the phone quote was. so anyone in westchester thinking of buying, there's a couple other dealers you may want to think about before geiss.

·
Registered
180 Posts
jb cruzin said:
Only 2 suggestions for my fellow members ,may want to think about the front end a little bit ,winter is upon us ,bug deflector a must for 2 reasons .buffeting with windows down almost nill.as upposed to without the deflector .and #2 stone chips from sand .i know i should be shot for this but we ALL know it's coming .think about the 3m invisible shielding kit or the equivelent.hey it sure can't hurt:D
jb

I just want to confirm: you say that the bug deflector lowers the level of window buffeting? Really? Hmmm.... have you gotten it yet? Or are you still choosing -- bug defl vs. 3M shield? If you did in fact buy the bug defl, was it a Nissan or an aftermarket version?

Thanx

·
Registered
6 Posts
DavidG sorry to about the hassle getting the car. I just picked one up about a month ago and loved it. I went to the IRA Nissan dealership in Tewksbery. I worked directly with the Sales Manager and told her exactly what I wanted. She had one of the Sales guys take us for the test drive and write the papers. It was painless. Got a black 2003 SL AWD with black leather, sunroof and deflector, cargo liner, net, SL Touring Package, etc. $29K plus my beetle. Can't complain.

Definitely check this dealership out. They are fairly new, but seem to be really good. Look forward to taking this car up to the mountain and testing it out on some snow.

·
Premium Member
8,402 Posts
Its salesmen like that who give all salesmen a bad rep. There are some honest ones out there, but its hard to tell who is telling the truth and who is not! I guess the best thing to do in the future is to get the price down in writing, either via fax or email. That way, they can't do the switcharound on you. I negotiated my price on the phone, and when I showed up, the car took over an hour to prep! I was standing in the waiting room..waiting, waiting, waiting. Finally the car was ready, and it took only 10 minutes to do the paperwork. However, my wait was worth it, because in the scramble the salesman forgot to put the destination charge on the contract, saving me $540! :D My so so deal in June 2003 of $600 under invoice ended up being a spectacular $1140 under invoice.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts