Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where it is located on the car? It seems to fluctuate from a parked temp to a driving temp.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
278 Posts
I have always wondered

I presume that it is not on the exhaust pipe, but how is it not affected by the moving air (and reduced temperature) as you drive along?

Had one in a Caddy this week. Had no idea of temp., except that it was hot, and it told me... 30 (Celcius)... that's between hot and Nevada... around 90 F.

Nice to know. Didn't even need the radio to get temperature.

·
'03 SE 2WD Cold Pkg, VDC
143 Posts
From my past experience with other cars with this option is that it's normal. The sensor will read higher as it sits parked. Just like the interior, it will get super hot parked in the sun.

Once the car is moving, the sensor will begin to display a realistic temperture.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The exterior temperature sensor is located in front of the AC condensor behind the front grille near the bottom. The interior temperature sensor for the climate control is located on the top of the dash on the passenger side near the windshield. I wish the display also showed interior temperature instead of outside temp. Sometimes when the interior is not that hot, the AC will still blow full blast.

·
4,601 Posts
The sensor on the dash is the sun sensor. There's also a sensor in the panel directly in front of the driver. Look for a few little slots.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts