Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried to put my glasses in the overhead bin and there is this block in the bottom middle preventing the glasses from resting in there. I also tried the case and same problem. Is this just a dumb design making this overhead eyeglass storage useless ? 2019 murano sv

·
Registered
417 Posts
I use it successfully for my eye glasses. It is slightly awkward... I currently find placing them into the holder lens first (so that I don't get fingerprints on them when I remove them) is working okay.

·
Registered
453 Posts
It is an awful design. I have not been able to fit any of my sunglasses or my wife's sunglasses. The section for the bridge of the nose is way too wide. Who has a 3 inch wide nose?

My friend also asked me why I keep my sunglasses in that little section by the feet in the centre console. I showed him my sunglass holder and he laughed hysterically.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I just measured the bridge size in mine, it's about 1 1/8" wide.

·
Registered
80 Posts
No issues using it myself but perhaps I’ve become accustomed to it since it’s no different than the 3 Rogues I had prior. That and all of my sunglasses have fit without issue so maybe it matters how your glasses/sunglasses are made (although none of mine have any special design...no abnormally wide bridge or anything).

·
Super Moderator
7,793 Posts
When you have a Dremel tool, many things become possible......

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My glasses are prescription glasses. Not the sunglasses you buy in the cabana by the suntan lotion. Does anyone know how to remove it so I can hit it with my dremel tool ?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I still think it's a bad design. There is no need for that centre hump to by as wide as it is.
My 2013 murano was way better in this. I used it all the time with no problem. Whoever designed thus one didnt have normal glasses imo.

·
Registered
80 Posts
My glasses are prescription glasses. Not the sunglasses you buy in the cabana by the suntan lotion. Does anyone know how to remove it so I can hit it with my dremel tool ?
My sunglasses are prescription so...not sure that really means much. As far as how to remove it...only thing I found after a quick google search seems to require removing the overhead console and mentions of removing the headliner. Not sure if that would be correct though....hopefully someone with actual experience will chime in.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah, its pretty garbage, but it works. Just have to be ready to catch your glasses every time you open it.
That is very generous to say it works and also that you have to be ready to catch your glasses when you open it as I'm also experiencing here. To me that's the definition that it doesn't work. When you open it the glasses should not fall out.

·
Registered
417 Posts
My glasses don't fall out. It kind of feels like they may, but it has never happened to me. I place them in the holder (see photo in post above) lenses facing away from me.

At first I was putting them in with the lenses facing me, it didn't seem as secure, plus I'd get fingerprints on them when removing.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I tried the lenses both ways but the center mount is just way too wide. Here's a picture. Seems like they never tested it in my opinion as I'm an adult and these are adult glasses and nothing unusual about them. I'm going to have to MacGyver something to clamp that little block and have a support above it or make a little hanger for the bridge
20191201_101546.jpg
20191201_101546.jpg

·
Registered
179 Posts
A bit self-centered but I never used any eyeglass holder in any car. I have RX glasses so they never get put up. Now I'll have to give it a try just to check it out.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Pretty sure I put mine in lens down. I just use it for my readers though. I think the home is needed so the glasses don't slide around because too much movement could scratch the lenses and would make bump noises.

·
Registered
179 Posts
A bit self-centered but I never used any eyeglass holder in any car. I have RX glasses so they never get put up. Now I'll have to give it a try just to check it out.
OK, I tried it out and it held my glasses, not without a bit of fiddling though. It's wide bridge design is flawed but I'm wondering if it is because of the latch to close it. When I had separate rx sunglasses I used to store them in other cars and I don't recall them being much better.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts