Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!
I just received the Ownice k6 unite
I have a Nissan Murano SL AWD 2018
With GPS
And I have a BOSS speakers
In the beginning they send me the wrong cable with the 20pin and then they send me the right one 40pin
And I was able to contact it
But there is no sound at all and there is no camera
The steering wheel working
And it’s looks like the music is on
But there is no sound

PLEASE HELP
I don’t know what to try anymore

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi @Yafim

The sound comes from the 20 pin connector, and since you have BOSE system, you have a Bose amp that needs to be turn on via the remote Turn On signal. Make sure the remote Turn ON signal is connected, this tells the AMP to turn on when you power on your UNIT, please see the diagram, it is PIN#1 = AMP ON.
If you have a multimeter, you can check it goes to +12V when you power on the UNIT, or you can check the AMP itself ( not sure if there is an LED on the amp to tell you it is on or not)

Also, with the BOSE, you need a special cable in order to have better sound that is not distorted. It is better to use the PRE-AMP output (RCA) on the unit, this way you will not be amplifying you sound signal 2X.

The camera is on the 40 pin connector, when you put the car in reverse, it sends a voltage to the backup camera to turn on. What do you see on the screen when you put the car in reverse? Do you see an exclamation mark? If so then the camera is turn on, but the video signal going back to the unit is the issue. Make sure you have the right Video Connector connected. You can post the pinout diagram of your connector if you have it

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Assad!
Thank you so much for your reply!
I contact the amp to PIN #1 and it’s working! And I can hear it now!
you right about the sound
It’s not perfect clear
when you say to contact an extra cable ? What do you mean ? What cable and where I contact it?

Regarding the camera
Looks like the camera turning on
But no picture
i will attached pictures

thank you so much for your help!

Attachments

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi @Yafim

You can use either one of these connector to connect the RCA_OUT (FL-FR-RR-RL) from the unit to the car. This will replace the 20 pin connector that came with your ownice. You will need to solder the rest of the wires such as power, amp on, acc, ill, etc...

or

As far as the camera, from your picture you posted, it looks like you did connect everything correctly. I know a lot of people have had issues with the camera, especially with the 360 view. The video signal might be coming in, but the unit might not be able to display it correctly. Unfortunately, it would need more troubleshooting to see where the issue is, my guess is that the unit is the issue. I would contact Ownice to let them know, maybe they can send you a new firmware that would fix it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, Thank you for your response!

I was really hoping to fix the camera issue, the guy from Ownice barely answer and it's taking them forever to give you any answers.
Do they have a customer service number? or like any customer service in the us?

Do you know by any chance where I can get the diagram for my car? 2018 SL with NAV and boss. the only one I can find its 2015 and I'm not sure if its the same thing.
they guy from Ownice ask for it and basically said he's not gonna be able to help me until I send him the right diagram for my car.

another thing I saw that you guys were Discussing on the page 30 #581
Android Head Unit install
some purple wire?

I have one wire that not connected to anything I wonder if this cable needs to be contacted?
I've attached the picture

You can see it wrapped around the other cables

Thank you for your help!

·
Registered
931 Posts
It depends where you bought your unit, they should be providing technical support.

I have 2015, I am guessing the pinout of the connectors is the same as the 2015, not 100% sure.
Check nicoclub.com, they have the service manual, but I only saw up to 2016 for the murano. The pdf you want to look at is av.pdf

Here is the 40 pin connector, your video signal is carried by pin 40 and 60, those 2 should be connected to the video rca.

Also if you have a multimeter, you can check on your 40 pin connector which pin goes to ~6V when you put the car in reverse.

Again, I think the issue is in the unit not properly display the video signal

·
Registered
931 Posts
Sorry, we couldn’t find that page
Make sure you’ve typed the URL correctly, or try searching Vimeo. You could also watch one of the videos below instead.

------------------------------
BTW, on a side note

Joying just came out with a new android head unit for the Murano.
This would be my recommendation since their tech support is excellent.

assad

·
Registered
931 Posts
This is weird, it never happened to me.

Is there any screen timeout or screensaver?

Can you try to reset the unit by using the pinhole.

assad

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I did reset the unite couple times nothing happened the same thing over and over.
their customer service stops answering and their service so bad
the answer only one time every night and then ignore you until the next day and over and over again.
now I'm just trying to get my money back, there are so many issues with this unite, carplay and mirroring not working as well, so disappointed with their company and the service.

any idea if the Joying unite will work with the original 360 camera?
and their cables are more organize then Ownice

·
Registered
931 Posts
I have been using the same model for 2 years now, and have not had any major issues, but mine is not that specific model, it has the same software though and the hardwre is the same except this one has bluetooth 5, I added a DSP using the Digital OUT, and the sound is excelent.

At the time I bought it, they did not have one for the Murano that is plug and play.

You can communicate with them, and make sure you tell them you have a SL model with 20 pins and 40 pins connector, send them the both connector pinout, the one that is listed is for the S model which has a 32 pin connector. I am sure they can make you a 40 pin connector. Also, let them know you you car has an amp and you will be using the RCA input, hopefully, they can make you a cable for that also.

As far as the 360 view, you might loose the bird's eye view, since they have to program that functionality onto the unit itself. Inquiry about that and let us know what they say.

Joying will go to great length to make you happy, since they want sales.

Candy ( [email protected] ) from Joying is great and she has great technical knowledge, you can email her directly with the link

assad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts