Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been having an issue of my 2010 Nissan Marano feeling like it’s losing power and then it takes off like normal. Recently I had the transmission fluid changed and they check the wiring and the battery and all that was good. Now I’m getting a P0011 and a P0021 coming up. I checked the oil it wasn’t low but it’s probably due to be changed. Any ideas why it just randomly feels like it loses power for a second or two upon exceleration And then it takes off and runs like normal.

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
A common and easy thing to check first is the engine air intake duct. They tend to develop cracks in the folds, this leads to an intermittent vacuum leak.

·
Registered
2010 MO LE AWD Platinum Silver
54 Posts
I had that same issue with my 2010 MO. I had recently replaced the drivers side wheel hub due to bearing noise. Also I dropped the transmission pan, cleaned out the internal trans filter, cleaned pan/ magnets and also replaced the external trans filter with 5 quarts new cvt fluid and now the issue is resolved. Drives like new now .

·
Registered
1,691 Posts
I overlooked the trouble codes posted, those indicate a possible camshaft position sensor issue that would also cause the issues you noted.

·
Registered
2011 Nissan Murano LE AWD
1,328 Posts
I have been having an issue of my 2010 Nissan Marano feeling like it’s losing power and then it takes off like normal. Recently I had the transmission fluid changed and they check the wiring and the battery and all that was good. Now I’m getting a P0011 and a P0021 coming up. I checked the oil it wasn’t low but it’s probably due to be changed. Any ideas why it just randomly feels like it loses power for a second or two upon exceleration And then it takes off and runs like normal.
How long have you had this acceleration problem? Did it coincide with the MIL coming on for those VVT faults. A fault in the VVT system can cause engine performance problems. You specifically said the oil is "probably due to be changed." A common cause of VVT problems is dirty oil--have you been going long periods between oil changes? If so, try changing the oil and filter, clear the codes, and see if the faults return. Before you clear the codes, record the freeze frame data (if there is any) and post it here.

It's also possible that the acceleration problem is unrelated to the VVT faults and could just be a hole in the intake duct as MuranoSL2003 suggested so be sure to check that out.

Other causes for those codes can be linked to faults with the VVT solenoids, camshaft position sensor(s), crankshaft position sensor, timing chain, cam phasers etc.--that is, any part of the VVT system.

·
Registered
2010 MO LE AWD Platinum Silver
54 Posts
My MO didn’t have any codes or a check engine light . It would intermittently have a hesitation from a dead stop as soon as I accelerated. Cvt fluid was pretty dark brown almost black when I drained it out . The inside of the trans pan/ magnets had some black gunk in it. I cleaned it out really good and the transmission is much smoother and quite now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts