Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I just had the old battery replaced by a technician. He had removed the air intake manifold since he didn't have an open end wrench to remove/tighten the battery post nuts. When the new battery was installed it ran fine back to my house 4 minutes away.

I parked the car and an hour later when I started it, the car ran rough for a while then died.

Battery voltage and current checks show no issues.

Is it possible that something got screwed up in the vacuum system? Would anyone know where I can get a vacuum line diagram?

Thanks -

Mike

·
Registered
938 Posts
Sounds like a strange method of replacing a battery... It's also strange they didn't have an open end wrench... Not much of a "technician..."

I would first suspect you battery or alternator is defective... How did you check your battery and alternator? It's best to check your battery after it's been unused for several hours, a new battery should be around 12.6 volts. Also check your alternator just after a cold start, it should be over 14 volts.

Also check the air intake duct is securely fastened, any air leaks will cause an issue...

It's also possible it just needs an idle relearn procedure performed due to the battery being removed for awhile...

You can find the service manuals here:

·
Registered
120 Posts
I don't think intake manifold has anything to do with the battery. More likely, he removed the air filter box to make enough room for the battery change. If this is the case, he probably disturbed the connections along the intake duct, and caused a leak somewhere. You can check the connections along the 4" duct from the air filter box to the throttle body to see if there is anything loose.

·
Super Moderator
8,350 Posts
Yup. Air duct.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ahhh coffee. I see from my morning wordcount that "air" has 5 hits.

Once I battle through the scone and cereal I suppose I'll go out and check the air duct and maybe PCV line.

The technician spent 5 minutes on that battery terminal. At the end of it he looked over to his coworker and said "lets order some end wrenches...."

Thanks everyone. I'll report findings if/when I have them.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I removed the air intake / filter and checked for possible leak paths, found some debris and removed it. Replaced. Then I disconnected the mass airflow sensor and sprayed it out with connector cleaner and reconnected it. All is well. I will drive 500 feet down my road and see what happens.

Attachments

1 - 6 of 6 Posts