Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Uh replace cylinder 4 spark plug and coil. I can't remember, is that the front or rear of the engine? Rear would be tougher to do a simple diagnosis. But theoretically you could start by swapping coil packs and seeing if the misfire moves. If it moves then replace coil pack. If not, pull #4 spark plug and inspect. Other causes could be fuel injector or bad wiring to coil. Im sure there are other causes but thats where I would start.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Uh replace cylinder 4 spark plug and coil. I can't remember, is that the front or rear of the engine? Rear would be tougher to do a simple diagnosis. But theoretically you could start by swapping coil packs and seeing if the misfire moves. If it moves then replace coil pack. If not, pull #4 spark plug and inspect. Other causes could be fuel injector or bad wiring to coil. Im sure there are other causes but thats where I would start.
Is the middle front one. By the way I replaced all spark plugs. I will check and follow your advise, is it easy to do?

·
Registered
314 Posts
I haven't had to get at them yet to do any service but in theory yes it should just be one 10mm bolt holding the coil packs down. Swap #4 with #2 or#6 and see if the misfire moves to that cylinder. You should notice the engine is operating differently, If you noticed an obvious misfire to begin with in cylinder #4.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I haven't had to get at them yet to do any service but in theory yes it should just be one 10mm bolt holding the coil packs down. Swap #4 with #2 or#6 and see if the misfire moves to that cylinder. You should notice the engine is operating differently, If you noticed an obvious misfire to begin with in cylinder #4.
Yea thats what the OBD says, also the car stalls sometimes coming out of a traffic light, I guess that misfire has to do with it.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yea thats what the OBD says, also the car stalls sometimes coming out of a traffic light, I guess that misfire has to do with it.
So i bough a new coil pack and the car went nuts so i turned it back. I changed the front 3 spark plugs and walla no more misfiring or stalling after testing, I'll be doing the other 3 tomorrow. Will see how it goes and clears the misfiring and maybe other codes as well as far as the P0420 goes.

·
Administrator
9,283 Posts
What does "the car went nuts" mean? I have no clue.

Don't be entirely surprised if in the near future you end up with one or moil coils acting up.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
What does "the car went nuts" mean? I have no clue.

Don't be entirely surprised if in the near future you end up with one or moil coils acting up.
I have this car since 2015 and everything was good, until i start to do something on it on my own. I took my time to do the fuel sensors, it was a lot of work from taking the seats off to putting back that cover specially on the driver side. It looked good and it was working fine until i went to the gas station and filled my tank. It got stuck on about 1/4 of gas then little by little it started to go up to almost 1/2 tank, im talking about the gauge. Anyway this car is cursed I mean it i have never ever seen a car to give me so many issues at once. I have a radiator leak and another code just poped up as well cant remember now but waoooo what a bummer

·
Registered
314 Posts
I have this car since 2015 and everything was good, until i start to do something on it on my own. I took my time to do the fuel sensors, it was a lot of work from taking the seats off to putting back that cover specially on the driver side. It looked good and it was working fine until i went to the gas station and filled my tank. It got stuck on about 1/4 of gas then little by little it started to go up to almost 1/2 tank, im talking about the gauge. Anyway this car is cursed I mean it i have never ever seen a car to give me so many issues at once. I have a radiator leak and another code just poped up as well cant remember now but waoooo what a bummer
So what i could decipher from this is now you have a problem with the fuel level sensor inside the gas tank?
Also, don't let this get you overwhelmed. Sometimes a list of codes can be fixed by fixing one or two issues. Its always best to pick something on that list of codes that looks simplest and start there. While your working to fix that simple issue, you may notice the cause for some of the other codes along the way. Take them one at a time. Sometimes electrical issues are not the devices failure but can usually be the wiring going to that device. Sounds like you have the mechanical ability to work on your car and thats great! There are shops that have good diagnosticians who can tell you whats wrong and you can then fix it yourself too.

·
Administrator
9,283 Posts
Good point by @2ndGenMaintainer above.

Another thought about Muranos is that if you have a low or weak battery or charging system, you may get some really weird trouble lights or codes. Sometimes putting a charger on the battery and making sure it's fully charged can be a helpful diagnostic aid.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Good point by @2ndGenMaintainer above.

Another thought about Muranos is that if you have a low or weak battery or charging system, you may get some really weird trouble lights or codes. Sometimes putting a charger on the battery and making sure it's fully charged can be a helpful diagnostic aid.
Got me a new battery and still my old battery was good. So im throwing money for no good reason but hey it was about time i got me a new one. I will leave the car running for a week and then get all my codes and I will post everthing i have done so far and all the codes that i ahave clreared and the ones that are still there.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Where is the Fuel Pressure Sensor Located???
This is starting to sound like it could be related a little to the infamous evap system issue threads I've read about on here. Im not sure, just kind of rings sa bell. you may want to search some of the evap system threads on this forum at least and see if any of your symptoms match. Ill try to check the technical manual for the location of the fuel pressure sensor.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Where is the Fuel Pressure Sensor Located???
Not sure what the fuel tank pressure sensor has to do with a cylinder #4 misfire, but you have multiple threads on many problems and there are a few things that I think are exacerbating things here. For example, you seem to be throwing parts at the car before doing little or any diagnostics. Also, you're using cheap parts, which may not be fixing any of the original problems and could be causing new problems. Based on prior posts, you're doing some of the work, but you also have a mechanic doing some work--it's not a good idea to have multiple people messing around with the car and no one really knows what the other is touching or doing. You should either commit to fixing your own car or just have a reputable mechanic diagnose all the problems and fix them. As it is, it sounds like you may already be a couple of thousand dollars in parts and shop fees (for the work the mechanic did) and are no better off than when you first posted so perhaps you should consider the latter--it may end up saving you money in the long run.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
page 246 starts talking about that misfire code and page 267 starts talking about the evap system. Do you have any codes related to the fuel pressure sensor?
Okay! So i changed my fuel preasure sensors because I was getting a code for it. After installing them the code is gone but the fuel gauge is not reading properly and also im not getting that woooiiish sound when you open the fuel tank cap. The missfire code is gone as well. For now my codes are The infamous Code P0420 for bank 1 and 2 and the new one that came after i just replaced the hose in between the MAF and the air filter that was cracked P0507...You see? I just cleaned the throttle a bit and changed that hose thats it and now im getting a code??? It doesnt make any sense.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Not sure what the fuel tank pressure sensor has to do with a cylinder #4 misfire, but you have multiple threads on many problems and there are a few things that I think are exacerbating things here. For example, you seem to be throwing parts at the car before doing little or any diagnostics. Also, you're using cheap parts, which may not be fixing any of the original problems and could be causing new problems. Based on prior posts, you're doing some of the work, but you also have a mechanic doing some work--it's not a good idea to have multiple people messing around with the car and no one really knows what the other is touching or doing. You should either commit to fixing your own car or just have a reputable mechanic diagnose all the problems and fix them. As it is, it sounds like you may already be a couple of thousand dollars in parts and shop fees (for the work the mechanic did) and are no better off than when you first posted so perhaps you should consider the latter--it may end up saving you money in the long run.
Okay! So i changed my fuel preasure sensors because I was getting a code for it. After installing them the code is gone but the fuel gauge is not reading properly and also im not getting that woooiiish sound when you open the fuel tank cap. The missfire code is gone as well. For now my codes are The infamous Code P0420 for bank 1 and 2 and the new one that came after i just replaced the hose in between the MAF and the air filter that was cracked P0507...You see? I just cleaned the throttle a bit and changed that hose thats it and now im getting a code??? It doesnt make any sense. Im the only working on my car right now since I got burned at a shop already that was the worse quality of workmanship i have ever ever experience and yes a couple or more on these car related issues. I dont throw parts in the car without doing any diagnostic i make sure I study the issues before then, but as you can tell muranos dont like parts that are not OEM and to buy OEM cata;lyst I rather buy another car.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Are you able to open the pdf's i have attached? Those codes and troubleshooting sequences for those codes,are in there. Forgive me If it is frowned upon to attach portions of the manual in these forums. I hope that's okay.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Are you able to open the pdf's i have attached? Those codes and troubleshooting sequences for those codes,are in there. Forgive me If it is frowned upon to attach portions of the manual in these forums. I hope that's okay.
I would just post a link to them. Posting the PDF will consume unnecessary storage space on the website...

Reactions: 2ndGenMaintainer
1 - 20 of 39 Posts