Nissan Murano Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
I would just post a link to them. Posting the PDF will consume unnecessary storage space on the website...
Ah I see. Whoops sorry Pilgrim! I guess I thought that any link would just bring you to the home publication page (Nissan Publications) for nissan tech-info and then he would just have to pay the $20 and download everything to his computer. It would probably be worth it in his case actually. Good point SL2003, how do I post a link to a specific section?

·
Administrator
9,260 Posts
Reactions: 2ndGenMaintainer

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
You will surely get a code if you clean the TB and get some of those cleaning spray into the sensor. This issue has been posted multiple times since gen 1. It will be a pain to remove it at times. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?

You posted somewhere changing your spark plugs, I hope you replaced it with the same NGK #(same ones you pulled out-mentioned in your manual). Any other will give you issues like the O2 and A/F sensors.

You probably installed the fuel level sensor incorrectly. Maybe something caught the arm of the sensor when you were installing it back. Or a bad new sensor at the get go. You need to redo to correct that problem.

Any time I do any car repair, since I started back in the 80s, I always make sure I have the factory service manual--FSM of the car I am dealing with. I read the steps several times and understand what is required (including tools and part) before diving into the actual repair. This is after I have exhausted the troubleshooting procedure and sure that I am repairing/replacing the correct part of course. Following youtube videos surely helps a lot but you need the FSM to have the step by step procedure to avoid any issues and do the job correctly. You will usually see how most youtube steps omit steps/doing short cuts. Some are good but most are not. Only through experience can you tell which is OK to do. If you have a FSM to refer to, you will be assured following the manual will take you to the finish line and complete the job without a problem. Always. Good luck.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
You will surely get a code if you clean the TB and get some of those cleaning spray into the sensor. This issue has been posted multiple times since gen 1. It will be a pain to remove it at times. Maybe try disconnecting the battery for a few minutes?

You posted somewhere changing your spark plugs, I hope you replaced it with the same NGK #(same ones you pulled out-mentioned in your manual). Any other will give you issues like the O2 and A/F sensors.

You probably installed the fuel level sensor incorrectly. Maybe something caught the arm of the sensor when you were installing it back. Or a bad new sensor at the get go. You need to redo to correct that problem.
Yes I cleaned it with maf cleaner. Now my RPMs are high waoo. Also yes indeed I bought and change all the spark plugs to the same brand. I’m not dealing with that fuel sensor anymore I had enough of it the first time so if the atm is stick it still doesn’t make any sense as to why I’m not getting any pressure out of the tank when you open it and why does it keep given no me a hard time to even fill the tank! Bommerrrr

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Yes I cleaned it with maf cleaner. Now my RPMs are high waoo. Also yes indeed I bought and change all the spark plugs to the same brand. I’m not dealing with that fuel sensor anymore I had enough of it the first time so if the atm is stick it still doesn’t make any sense as to why I’m not getting any pressure out of the tank when you open it and why does it keep given no me a hard time to even fill the tank! Bommerrrr
Sorry I meant to say I replaced the spark plugs with bosh iridiums all 6 of them

·
Registered
311 Posts
As far as the fuel level,you may find useful info here:

Factory Service Manuals - NICOclub

If the rpms are high, then you most likely adjusted the butterfly valve manually while cleaning. I would look into doing an idle air volume re-learn procedure to get the rpms down. There are threads in this forum to help with that too.
Here's a link for the manual on the subject:

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Sorry I meant to say I replaced the spark plugs with bosh iridiums all 6 of them
If you did a bit of research and read some of the posts regarding your repairs here in this forum, you could have saved time and money in putting the correct part to begin with. Lots of good info in this forum to help you avoid issues you are having. Bosch is not the recommended plugs.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
As far as the fuel level,you may find useful info here:

If the rpms are high, then you most likely adjusted the butterfly valve manually while cleaning. I would look into doing an idle air volume re-learn procedure to get the rpms down. There are threads in this forum to help with that too.
Here's a link for the manual on the subject:

Nope cause I didn’t take it off just around the tip that’s all! I’m really done with this car for real I’m sick and tire of it

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
If you did a bit of research and read some of the posts regarding your repairs here is this forum, you could have saved time and money in putting the correct part to begin with. Lots of good info in this forum to help you avoid issues you are having. Bosch is not the recommended plugs.
I don’t think it had to do with anything I have now I did get rid of the misfiring and I’m done with this thing they invented called Nissan Murano

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
I don’t think it had to do with anything I have now I did get rid of the misfiring and I’m done with this thing they invented called Nissan Murano
I just hope you learn something from this experience. If you approach your next vehicle repair the way you did here, you'll end up with the same outcome. Good luck.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have this car since 2015 and everything was good, until i start to do something on it on my own. I took my time to do the fuel sensors, it was a lot of work from taking the seats off to putting back that cover specially on the driver side. It looked good and it was working fine until i went to the gas station and filled my tank. It got stuck on about 1/4 of gas then little by little it started to go up to almost 1/2 tank, im talking about the gauge. Anyway this car is cursed I mean it i have never ever seen a car to give me so many issues at once. I have a radiator leak and another code just poped up as well cant remember now but waoooo what a bummer
Agreed !! Cursed is the perfect analogy, I bought a used 09 2 years ago and it has been having continuous issues since the first week after the initial 90 days passed.....I would have never bought it if I knew, my other choice was a Mazda CX Sport, ...Not much better

·
Registered
43 Posts
I have this car since 2015 and everything was good, until i start to do something on it on my own. I took my time to do the fuel sensors, it was a lot of work from taking the seats off to putting back that cover specially on the driver side. It looked good and it was working fine until i went to the gas station and filled my tank. It got stuck on about 1/4 of gas then little by little it started to go up to almost 1/2 tank, im talking about the gauge. Anyway this car is cursed I mean it i have never ever seen a car to give me so many issues at once. I have a radiator leak and another code just poped up as well cant remember now but waoooo what a bummer
(one other thing)
keep in mind while you are trying to "not go crazy" while working on your Murano,....any one thing can and will cause the failure of something else, and if not attended too soon, be prepared to spend $$$$.

Everytime my car throws a code, I think to myself that old children's rhyme, The engine bone is connected to the muffler bone, and the muffler bone is connected to the transmission bone, and your car is all fucked up...lol 😂

21 - 39 of 39 Posts