Nissan Murano Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Murano S. Last summer we were getting ready to take a 5 hour ride, so I did some simple maintenance including replacing the air filter. The trip was fine and the next day we drove another hour and at the end of that trip, the CEL came on. Took it to an auto store and got the codes read (I don't recall what they were but it was MAF related). Turns out the flange on the air cleaner was too large and the lid wouldn't fit. I replaced that filter and cleaned the MAF, but still had the CEL. When I got home a few days later, I replaced the boot from the air cleaner since it had a big gash in it. Fast forward to now - I had a P0455 code and saw the bulletin about the vent control valve o-ring, and so I just ended up replacing the whole valve assy with a Nissan part. Now I have a P0447 code. What should my next step be?

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
I have a 2010 Murano S. Last summer we were getting ready to take a 5 hour ride, so I did some simple maintenance including replacing the air filter. The trip was fine and the next day we drove another hour and at the end of that trip, the CEL came on. Took it to an auto store and got the codes read (I don't recall what they were but it was MAF related). Turns out the flange on the air cleaner was too large and the lid wouldn't fit. I replaced that filter and cleaned the MAF, but still had the CEL. When I got home a few days later, I replaced the boot from the air cleaner since it had a big gash in it. Fast forward to now - I had a P0455 code and saw the bulletin about the vent control valve o-ring, and so I just ended up replacing the whole valve assy with a Nissan part. Now I have a P0447 code. What should my next step be?
Rectangle Font Circle Number Pattern

That code is a circuit fault. Did it pop up right after changing the vent valve? I'd suggest clearing the code and seeing if it comes back. If it does, inspect the connector, then unplug it and verify the power and ground circuits. If that checks out, inspect the connected hoses for debris and then the valve itself--the resting position is open so it should allow air to pass through freely except when energized, in which case air should not pass through at all.

The link to the service manual is here (see the "Engine Control System" file): https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
View attachment 54582

That code is a circuit fault. Did it pop up right after changing the vent valve? I'd suggest clearing the code and seeing if it comes back. If it does, inspect the connector, then unplug it and verify the power and ground circuits. If that checks out, inspect the connected hoses for debris and then the valve itself--the resting position is open so it should allow air to pass through freely except when energized, in which case air should not pass through at all.

The link to the service manual is here (see the "Engine Control System" file): https://www.nicoclub.com/nissan-service-manuals
yep, pops right up after the install and if I clear the code it pops right back up.

thanks for the link - i'm assuming DTC is something the dealer uses for testing?

I'll have to do some research on how to verify the power and ground circuits. I can check the one hose leading out of the valve and the valve is new (I tried two different brand new ones, thinking maybe i got a bad one in the mix).

thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts