Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
P2135-throttle body replacement

purchased a used 2005 murano with 15000 miles on it. love it so far as we have owned it for a month.

well, my wife and i took a trip to vegas this past weekend. bout 240 miles one way from where we live in so. cal. it was ranging in temps from 90 to 120 degrees outside as measured by the murano. so needless to say it was HOT! no problems on the way there, got to the hotel and parked it. two days later, we start the mo to go home and it strats just fine. as soon as we get to the street i realize something is wrong. i have to press the pedal halfway down to even get it to move. then once we get moving the revs never drop. at 30mph it is at 4000rpm. the SES light then comes on.i barely make it to the gas staion where when i put it in reverse i have to floor it to get up to 5mph. when i turn it off and get out there is a strong odor of burnt rubber. i fill it up, start it up and have no problems the rest of the way home. once home the light turns off.

so i check the SES light and get P2135.

i take it to the dealer (Metro Nissan Redlands) and find out that our new baby has three recalls that need to be done, the seat belt protectors, gas tank shield, and a new gas tank. we drop the mo off at 3 on a tuesday and have it back by the next day at 5. the dealer found the throttle body to be bad and changed it. excelent service and completely happy with the dealer. 5 days later and no problems. feels a lot more responsive with the new throttle body.

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
With that kind of luck I bet you won at gambling also

:)

·
Registered
61 Posts
I had the same problem with the throttle body on my 2005 Mo to. Looks like a trend...

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
NatasG-

Did you also experience the burning rubber smell when the throttle-body failed? I am very curious to know what would be the source of the smell.

-njjoe

·
Registered
12,512 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
njjoe said:
NatasG-

Did you also experience the burning rubber smell when the throttle-body failed? I am very curious to know what would be the source of the smell.

-njjoe
Nope, just the loss of engine power. Was able to shut off car, wait 5 mins and turn back one to get home and took to dealer the next day.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
The bad throttle body would explain the lack of power, but I wonder why there is a burning smell??? Leaking CVT or transfer case? Or maybe the electronic throttle body fails because of some electrical connection burning out.

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
Eric L. said:
The bad throttle body would explain the lack of power, but I wonder why there is a burning smell??? Leaking CVT or transfer case? Or maybe the electronic throttle body fails because of some electrical connection burning out.
Eric,

Yeah, I agree, it is odd. I cannot figure out the connection. I am now wondering if they are even related at all.

-njjoe

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
when i talked to the service manager they said it was due to the misinformation being sent from the TB to the transmission resulting in malfunctioning of the cvt. dont know exactly but i do know that it is a certified nissan so i have a 7 year 100000 miles powertrain warranty, so if i have any problems i wont need to worry about paying for it for a while.

also, in vegas i ended up $32 down, my friend was up $1400 on the first nite and everyone else was at least 300 up. i also got my toenail ripped off while at the pool, and shattered the lens of my canon sd550 when a friend hit it out of my hands. it will be a while before i go back to vegas.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
redlands murano said:
when i talked to the service manager they said it was due to the misinformation being sent from the TB to the transmission resulting in malfunctioning of the cvt. dont know exactly but i do know that it is a certified nissan so i have a 7 year 100000 miles powertrain warranty, so if i have any problems i wont need to worry about paying for it for a while.

also, in vegas i ended up $32 down, my friend was up $1400 on the first nite and everyone else was at least 300 up. i also got my toenail ripped off while at the pool, and shattered the lens of my canon sd550 when a friend hit it out of my hands. it will be a while before i go back to vegas.
Ah man, it was painful just to read that last paragraph you wrote! Oh well at least the MO is running fine again.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts