Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

I have a 2004 Murano with no factory satellite radio. I bought a PAC AAI-NIS adapter so that I could plug my XM satellite reciever into the aux port of the radio and bypass cassette or FM interface to the Bose radio.

At first everything was great but 6 months later as it has gotten colder in southern CA it frequently is not recognized by the radio and I get a no SAT response from the radio. It has about a 50% success rate now and if it is not recognized when the car starts it won't be recognized until the ignition is turned off and back on again.

Since it worked fine at first and it seems to correlate to cold temperatures when it doesn't work I suspected it might be a design problem. (i.e. a resistor value or something). I work in a similar field and I know how difficult it is to reverse engineer the OEM interfaces when they don't give you any help.

I contacted PAC's technical support email but was given a one line response that I should 'get a new one' frrom whoever I bought it from.

I understand it could be a failure in the unit but I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. Since I heard about the unit in this forum I figure you guys would have the most experience.

I don't care about the cost... it was well worth it when it worked but it was a pain to take the radio out to install it and get all the cables stuffed back in there so I don't want to pull it out and put it back in lightly.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
Scott

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I don't know if temp variance in southern cal is so great that it could affect electronics, but I don't know much about electronics....:)

What I do know is that I have no issues with the PAC unit in my car regardless of temp (I have cross talk but that is a separate issue and non-temp related) but my aftermarket TPMS monitor goes off when it is cold.....After spending some time on it I traced the problem to a bad (or not very good I should say) power connection. The pins were contacting in cold losing contact. That maybe a problem with yours too.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That makes sense that it could be a bad connection somewhere in the connector, cable or even the PAC box I suppose that is temperature sensitive. I guess I will have to bite the bullet and open the radio back up to check it out.

thanks,
Scott

·
Enjoying the ride…
452 Posts
I had this problem once. My Mo was outside all night and it was 15F that time. I did not realize that the PAC was out till the time I was on the highway. When I got home I "restart" Mo and everything was fine since then. It happened on X-mas if I remember correctly. But I think it is loose connector somewhere. Pac unit and the wires are vibrates regardless how good you pack them during installation. Just my $.02 :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts