Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been reading about installation of the PAC adapter to connect an Ipod to the stereo system.
I just leased a 2004 AWD Murano and wanted to know if anybody else out there has a leased Murano and has installed the PAC adapter...does that void the warranty? Any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Premium Member
7,136 Posts
I do not have a leased car but PAC adaptor is just a plug and play (if you connect it to the headunit) and will not modify anything on the vehicle to void its warranty.

·
Premium Member
8,368 Posts
Technically it sends a foreign signal to the head unit, so I would think if it voids the warranty, it would only do so to the stereo. However, you could just as easily remove it before returning the car at the end of the lease.

·
Just wanna help
1,383 Posts
or dont forget to remove the pac interface in the case you ARE

bringing in the car for headunit problem/ warranty claim..

Technically it sends a foreign signal to the head unit, so I would think if it voids the warranty, it would only do so to the stereo. However, you could just as easily remove it before returning the car at the end of the lease.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just had my Mo in for service (my accessory outlets were not working). The dealer found the PAC behind the head unit and called me to ask me what it was. I told them, and they had no issues with it.

If you have an honest dealer, they will know what is causing the issues and whether the PAC could cause the problem.

They fixed my issue, and said the PAC was no problem.

Kelly

1 - 6 of 6 Posts