Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine has the connector cut off (they come with the unit) the wire stubs are in them so you can connect them back appropiately. I had to do that beacuse I connected it in the rear. Now with Generators XBOX on the way I must connect in the front and am going to get a new unit. This one worked perfect, probably5 hours use. 1/2 Price including shipping. $45.

·
NO-MO-SNOW
902 Posts
Grip,
Just out of curiousity, why did you mount it in the back? What's the pros of having this setup?

·
4,664 Posts
It's good if you are uncomfortable with pulling out the radio to get to the connector on the back.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks to JAAK for getting all that wireing stright on that.

Now I have to take off the front dash for the generator x-box and No-Nag and new PAC unit. CAN'T WIN!

·
Registered
83 Posts
I'll take it if no one has dibs on it.

From your description the connector that was cut off is included and there is enough wire sticking out of it to put it back together?

This allow you to connect up an MP3 player right?

Thx,
Jason

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No! there is enough wire to identify what color goes where but in some cases NOT to solder to. Taking the connector apart and rewiring would be required. Probably best for a Techie Type.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I tried to make picture these are about best I could do.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And this. PS went to your ebay site , you ARE the Jet Ski Seat Man!

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Turns out that I also have a double ended cable with a plug at each end that came with the PAC unit. So the are 4 connectors all together. one set wired to each other with about 6 inches of cables between them.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
YES I DO! I'll PM you, PM me with address. I'll package everything and send it ASAP.

·
4,664 Posts
Let me know if you have questions about the wiring or how the connector shells come apart so you can get to the pins better.:D

·
Registered
83 Posts
Jaak,

How do they come apart? I will probably put it together as soon as I get it - always have to pley with the newest toy. From the sounds of it I will have to remove the pins and resolder them onto the wires.

Thanks again Gripper.

Jason

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
JaaK, Jason FYI,

the two big connectors that the red power wire with the splice that comes out of are still wired together.

·
4,664 Posts
I have to look at it again, to refresh my memory, but there's a retainer clip that comes off (or maybe not, maybe I'm thinking of one of the other connectors. I have to double check!), then two parts on the wire side of the shell rotate out of position to release the pins.

I might be able to post a detailed picture late today or tomorrow.

In the meantime, here's a picture of the same style of shell from Yazaki's website. Here you can see it before the part at the wire end has been bent in to lock the pins.

Attachments

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Since I just got the new one I'll post some color pictures of it all wired together to help also.

·
4,664 Posts
I'm at the wrong PC, as I have more pictures, but just not here.

But here's one from another thread.

·
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks jack!

·
4,664 Posts
Hmm... I'd have to take another pic to get more detail. Let me know if you need it.

For fun, here's what it looks like inside.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 26 Posts