Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help!

I have an '05 Murano SE with the Bose system and a PAC OEM-1 with the NIS-2 adapter and the ADD-RCA harness hooked up to an Alpine 4 channel amp with 4 Infinity door speakers. I have ran all new wiring to the door speakers and the rca cables from the PAC are on the right side of the vehicle while the amp power is on the left. The amp is grounded to the common Nissan ground bolt behind the rear seat.

I just got finished installing the Alpine amp tonight and I am using the Bose amp to power the Bose subwoofer only. The problem is that I have a warbling sound in the rear speakers, sounds like birds chirping. I switched the rear rca cables at the amp to the front channels and the noise transfers to the front speakers. I have adjusted the output on the PAC so that the front levels are both at about 60% and one of the rears is at about 20% and the other is at about 70%. If I set both rears to the same level the warbling, bird chirping comes back. It doesn't matter whether it's left or right that is set lower but I can't set them at the same level like the front.

I tried unplugging the Bose amp right at the amp and the warbling sound is still there.

I'm almost ready to chuck the PAC OEM-1 and run from the Bose speaker outputs on the Bose amp into the hi-level inputs on the Alpine amp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had tried switching both rca cables from front to rear at the amp and the problem keeps switching from front to rear speakers so I know it's not the amp.

Still trying to figure what's going on. I pulled out the rca cables from where I had neatly tucked them under the kick panels and the door sills just to get them away from any possible noise source. Alas, no difference it still sounds like birds chirping or a warbling high pitched sound fron the rear speakers.

I'm now trying to decipher the colors on the Bose amp outputs as I may hook the Alpine amp high level inputs to the Bose amp outputs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Enforcer you're the man.

I just realized I had been switching the rear rca cables from back to front on the amp and not the front rca cables. I tried the front rca cables only hooked to the rear outs on the PAC and the rear ins on the Alpine amp and no more noise. I can now crank the outputs to max on the PAC rear channels and no noise.

I have another shorter pair of rca cables and I just ran them over the console and hooked them from the front outs on the PAC to the front ins on the Apline amp and now I can crank up the front outs on the PAC to max also and no noise even with the engine runing and blipping the throttle.

I had bought two sets of Alpine 12 foot cables when I picked up the Alpine amp and one set is bad. I dug out my ohm meter and there is no connection from one end to the other on the shield. The signal pin is fine. Neither the right or left cable has a connection on the shield only. I checked the other Alpine cable and there is a connection from one end to the other on the shield and the pin has a connection from one end to the other and the pin and shield are seperate. This is the same on either right or left channel on this pair of cables.

I'm done for tonight and I'm off to the audio store tomorrow to tell them where they can stick these Alpine rca cables!!!

·
SHIFT_FASTER
1,422 Posts
Nice troubleshooting! Glad you found the problem.

I had a similar case where I had a bad amp. Changed which input cables were plugged in, problem stayed where it was. Changed which output cables were plugged in, problem changed speakers. Amp is broken.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts