Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone noticed any small areas of paint cracking on their MO's?
I have a small area about 2 inches squared just behind the drivers side very rear window. It's not flaking or chipping, just cracked, like spider web cracks. It was very hard to notice, I just happened to glance as I was getting in and saw it. My MO is polished pewter so I dont know if it would be harder to see on other colors. I hope this isnt some kind of paint problem on the MO's like on the old Taurus' and Corsicas'. Guess I need to get it in as soon as possible, besides it needs to be aligned(go figure). Otherwise totally happy with my MO, no rattles or vibrations or anything.

·
Registered
719 Posts
I have the Silver version and IMO the paint is the best quality I've had on a Nissan (since the 1995 Maxima, which was the first one I bought).

What kind of sealer or wax are you using to protect the paint?

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've only had it for 2 weeks, havent waxed or sealed anything yet.

·
Aero and Loving it
16 Posts
I had my Gold MO SE for 1 week and noticed a little on the Plastic mold that covers the bumper. I am taking it back to the dealer to look at and they may replace or repaint. You do have to look hard to notice it but this should not be happening. It may have something to do with the fact that the paint was not sealed properly on the plastic because the rest of the vechicle the steel portion there is no flaws at all.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Every time I wash my Murano, I do a thorough inspection of the paint looking for chips, dings or whatever. The build date is 3/03. Even after 13 months, there is no cracking. I'd definitely have that checked out.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well i took my MO in to see if the dealer knew anything about the cracks. he told me that something had stuck to it and it just needed to be buffed out and to bring it in on saturday, intending to make me look like an idiot. well todays saturday, i took my car in to be buffed, low and behold, cracks are still there! he told me they needed to get the nissan rep in town to look at it and approve the repairs. seems i was right, now who looks like the jackass?!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts