Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Just looking for some advice.

I recently purchased a 2006 Murano, red spice in color. I have had it for about a month and have now observed an imperfection in the paint. It is located on the rear driver's side door. It is the size of a baseball, and looks like a hologram in the clear coat maybe??? You can only see it at certain angles and the sun has to be in the right position to see it at all.

The hologram looks like long streaks that go back from the clear coat towards the paint - very odd looking. Anyway, I can't see it most of the time but knowing it is there is driving me crazy. My wife took it to Nissan who the referred her to a local autobody shop. Of course they couldn't see the imperfection (due to lighting I guess).

Just wondering if anyone has had a similar problem and what if anything was done to fix the problem. I have tried to buff it out with a cloth, but I think it is an imperfection deep in the clear coat, and I am worried that it might get worse if not fixed.

Aby suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Newmo

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about, sounds like a clear coat abrasion to me.
Kit Scratch Out. It is an ultra fine polishing compound. Hit that area with some scratchout on a clean soft cloth, wiping in orbital motions.
You should not have to rub hard at all, nor for very long.

Try it, you will like it.
:D

·
Registered
12,512 Posts
newmo-

Take your MO to another body shop, one that was not recommended to you by the dealer.

-njjoe

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
There was a problem reported...

about the removal of the white protective film used during shipment. Maybe a search of post would fine it. Or Google it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies,

I don't think these are scratches to the clear coat. I think it is inside the clear coat, and that is why it gives off a hologram effect in certain angels in the sun.

Newmo

·
Registered
26 Posts
I detail cars quite a bit and I recognize hologramming. It is usually the result of not using a polisher properly. Take it to a detail shop (someone reputable) and they can get that out for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts