Nissan Murano Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else having issues with the paint quality?

I've owned more than a few cars, in more than a few colors, and I can say without a doubt that my 2003 silver murano has the worst paint i have ever seen.

It seems every day, i find some small scratch on the door that wasn't there before...I have not changed my driving habits or parking habits lately...car is garaged at night and parked in a work parking lot that is mostly empty. I have also found little chips in the door jam that looked to have flaked off, and a big chunk (dime-sized) has flaked off the rear bumper.

Anyone else have problems like this?

·
NO-MO-SNOW
891 Posts
You are not alone. There are a ton of us here who think that this is the thinnest paint they have ever seen. I am one of them. I love the car and all the toys that it has to offer, but I grow weary of the bothersome little things. Paint quality, interior creaking and poor service will definitely make me think twice about buying any Nissan again.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Let's just say that if you hit a constipated insect with you MO's front bumper, you'll definitely have your paint chipped...

·
Registered
828 Posts
Snow MO,

You summed up my feelings 'exactly'. Also, the MO fits me like a glove.

Snow MO said:
You are not alone. There are a ton of us here who think that this is the thinnest paint they have ever seen. I am one of them. I love the car and all the toys that it has to offer, but I grow weary of the bothersome little things. Paint quality, interior creaking and poor service will definitely make me think twice about buying any Nissan again.

·
Premium Member
2,049 Posts
yes, I have a silver one as well...I don't have the flaking problem but it does have it's share of chips from road debris. Bugs don't seem to chip it, it's the gravel and such. It has the factory clear bra on the front bumper, and I do keep it waxed well with a hard carnuba wax so the bugs clean off easily and don't chip it.
But, it also fits me like a glove and it has only had the accel decel tick problem which was fixed easily...it doesn't seem to have the other problems I have seen so I am happy.
8500 miles happy.
:D

·
Mr. 3 K, 3/3/5. 5K,10/5/7
4,994 Posts
Polished Pewter, Very Happy, GRIP :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts